(12) See for example, ICFTU-APRO (2000a) and Jung (2002).
(24) For a discussion and critique on IFIs' poverty reduction programmes and the participation of civil society, see ICFTU-APRO (2002 and 2002a) and Ghayur (2001).
(27) A discussion appears in Ghayur (2001) and ICFTU-APRO (2002 and 2002a).
(30) For details of IFIs' participation and impact, see ICFTU-APRO (2000a).
Noriyuki Suzuki and Sabur Ghayur respectively are General Secretary and Director, Institutional and External Relations, International Confederation of Free Trade Unions-Asian and Pacific Regional Organisation (ICFTU-APRO), Singapore.
ICFTU-APRO (2000) Report of the ICFTU-APRO Survey on the Provisions of Social Safety Nets in the Selected Countries Before and After the Start of the Asian Financial and Economic Crisis.
ICFTU-APRO (2000a) IFIs' Policies and Initiatives in Social Development in Asia and the Pacific.
(10) For details on the labour market flexibility, unemployment, casualisation, training and related issues, see ILO (2001), ICFTU-APRO (2000a) and Ghayur (1998).
(25) For details on the nature and extent of crisis, see ICFTU-APRO (1998, 1998a and 2000, 2000a)
(26) For details on the consequences and impact of crisis, see ICFTU-APRO (1998b, 1999, 2000).