References in periodicals archive ?
From 1 July 2009 to 30 June 2010, States reported 222 incidents to the ITDB; 120 of these were reported to have occurred during this period and the remaining 102 were reports of prior incidents.
(152) In 2009, drawing on the ITDB, it reported "a persistent problem with illicit trafficking in nuclear and other radioactive materials, with thefts, losses and other unauthorized activities and events." Of the 1,562 confirmed incidents in the database for 1995-2008, 421 involved reports of theft or loss, which IAEA called "indicative of vulnerabilities in security and control systems." It noted that lost or stolen material had not been recovered in about 65 percent of the cases.
IAEA now coordinates an Illicit Trafficking Database (ITDB) to collect
(131) IAEA Illicit Trafficking Database (ITDB) Fact Sheet, IAEA,
As many as 121 incidents of illicit trafficking and unauthorised activities involving nuclear and other radioactive materials were reported to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in 2004, recently released statistics by the Agency's Illicit Trafficking Database (ITDB) show.
Our consistent observance of the IAEA Code of Conduct and participation in the IAEA in the Incident and Trafficking Database (ITDB) have been highly useful.
(116) International Atomic Energy Agency, "Illicit Trafficking Database (ITDB)," accessed April 26, 2011, http://wwwns.iaea.org/security/itdb.asp.
(152) Material on ITDB in this paragraph is from International Atomic Energy Agency, "IAEA Illicit Trafficking Database (ITDB)," September 2009, pp.
The IAEA's Illicit Trafficking Database (ITDB) has data on the vulnerability of nuclear and other radioactive sources.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- ITCT 2k2 Automatic Processing System