(189) International Marriage Broker Regulation Act, [section] 832(a), (codified at 8 U.S.C.
The International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act, or IMBRA, was passed in conjunction with the 2005 Violence Against Women Act.
Orloff & Hema Sarangapani, Governmental and Industry Roles and Responsibilities With Regard to International Marriage Brokers: Equalizing the Balance of Power Between Foreign Fiances and Spouses, 13 VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN 469 (2007).
[section] 1375(b)(1) (2000), repealed by the International Marriage Broker Act of 2005, H.R.
The international marriage broker shall collect a certification signed (in written, electronic, or other form) by the United States client accompanied by documentation or an attestation of the following background information about the United States client:
(125) Comments from Participants in the Petition to Repeal International Marriage Broker Law, http://womenrussia.com/usalaw.htm (last visited Apr.
(129) Repeal International Marriage Broker Law Petition, http://www.petitiononline.com/imbra05/petition.html (last visited Apr.
(137) See Tahirih Justice Center, Frequently Asked Questions: International Marriage Broker Regulation Act of 2005 (IMBRA), http://www.tahirih.org/legal/docs/Top10IMBRAFAQs(Updated3607).pdf (last visited Mar.
Press Release, Tahirih Justice Center, A Lawsuit Challenging the Constitutionality of the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act is Dismissed (Dec.
(168) Press Release, Tahirih Justice Center, A Lawsuit Challenging the Constitutionality of the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act is Dismissed (Dec.
See also Tahirih Justice Center, Campaign to Stop Exploitation by International Marriage Brokers, http://tahirih.org/?template=imb-legal_policy (last visited Jan.
(5) Press Release, Tahirih Justice Center, Historic Law Signed by President Bush to Prevent the Abuse of Foreign Women Through International Marriage Brokers (Jan.