These efforts, along with an innovative radio publicity campaign launched by the JFPL in 1954, led to a rapid increase in new patients seeking birth control in the latter half of the 1950s.
Although the JFPL and Beth Jacobs Clinic provided services to thousands of women from 1939 to 1967, this still amounted to only a small percentage of the overall population.
(63) JFPL. "Perseverance in Attendance at Clinic, Kingston, 5 May 1939 to 9 May 1955." 4/108/2106, MFC, NAJ.