References in periodicals archive ?
See also Deborah MacNair, "Legislative Drafters: A Discussion of Ethical Standards from a Canadian Perspective" (2003) 24:2 Stat L Rev 125 at 130 [MacNair, "Legislative Drafters"]; John Mark Keyes, "Professional Responsibilities of Legislative Counsel" (2011) 5 JPPL 11 at 13; Deborah MacNair, "The Role of the Federal Public Sector Lawyer: From Polyester to Silk" (2001) 50 UNBLJ 125 at 141-42 [MacNair, "The Federal Public Sector Lawyer"].
(84) See Shalin M Sugunasiri, "Public Accountability and Legal Pedagogy: Studies in Constitutional Law" (2008) 2 JPPL 93 (for an excellent analytical framework for assessing new UCPs.
(21) This section and the next reuse to a large extent the analysis of these two types of constitutional sources presented in our paper: Hugo Cyr, "L'absurdite du critere scriptural pour qualifier la Constitution" (The Absurdity of the Scriptural Qualifier for a Constitution) (2012) 6 JPPL 293, cited with approval by the Supreme Court in Reference re Senate Reform, 2014 SCC 32 at para 25,  1 SCR 704.
(5) I consider the distribution of seats among the provinces in Michael Pal, "Fair Representation in the House of Commons?" (2015) Special Issue JPPL 35.
See also Hoi L Kong, "Election Law and Deliberative Democracy: Against Deflation" (2015) 9:1 JPPL 35 at 36 [Kong, "Election Law"].
See Netolitzky, "History", supra note 5; Donald J Netolitzky, "Organized Pseudolegal Commercial Arguments [OPCA] in Canada; An Attack on the Legal System" (2016) 10 JPPL 137 [Netolitzky, "Attack"]; Netolitzky & Rooke, supra note 7.
(43) Including, in the study of the bill by the Senate Committee, evidence ot submissions by Professors Benoit Pelletier, Andrew Heard and Mark Walters; see also Peter W Hogg, "Succession to the Throne" (2014) 33 NJCL 83; Robert E Hawkins, "'The Monarch is Dead: Long Live the Monarch': Canada's Assent to amending the Rules of Succession", (2013) 7:3 JPPL 592; Mark D Walters, "Succession to the Throne and the Architecture of the Constitution of Canada" in Bedard & Lagasse, supra note 36.
(32) Contra Mark D Walters, "The Constitutional Form and Reform of the Senate: Thoughts on the Constitutionality of Bill C-7" (2013) 7 JPPL 37.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- JPR Capital