References in periodicals archive ?
This message is then encrypted by the E-3G's JTIDS radio and transmitted to the Link-16 network.
JTIDS was developed to improve previous datalinks, bringing increased band-width, combat redundancy and greater geographic coverage.
The first spiral of this Link 16 JTIDS upgrade for the Joint STARS is slated for delivery in the first half of 2006, with a second spiral planned to follow about a year later.
It has four metal boxes that contain the AN/ARC-210 satcom radio, the JTIDS, the gateway manager (a laptop PC), a display, a keyboard and associated cabling.
The existing TDL system is the Joint Tactical Information Distribution System (JTIDS), a network radio system used by the U.S.
Although some SHORAD units are equipped with JTIDS terminals, many have yet to be outfitted.
To share the air picture, aircraft that operate on Link 16 each has a Joint Tactical Information Display System (JTIDS) terminal.
(64) Among the most important of these characteristics are NYG capability, JTIDS, and RWR compatibility.
Air Force conducted an experiment that pitted eighteen F-l5Cs equipped with Joint Tactical Information Distribution System (JTIDS) terminals against unmodified F-15s.
The Raytheon solution is built around a Bombardier Global Express long-range business jet that has been modified to incorporate a sensor based on the Raytheon Advanced SAR System (ASARS)-2: radar, workstations for an onboard mission crew of three, a communications suite (including a Link 16/Joint Tactical Information Distribution System (JTIDS) terminal and X- (8 to 12 GHz) and Ku- (12 to 18 GHz) band data links) and a defensive aids suite.
(116) In July 2001, the Bush Administration notified Congress of a proposed sale of Joint Tactical Information Distribution Systems (JTIDS)/Link 16 terminals, a basis for an expanded program.
One year later the system moved to Configuration-2, with Radar Enhancement Phase 2 improvements in communications with the addition of the JTids, positive identification, and survivability, the PDB-4 software release, providing a counter-anti radiation missile (Carm) capability.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- JTIDS Air Platform Network Management Station
- JTIDS Communications Planning Aids
- JTIDS Deconfliction Server
- JTIDS Integrated Test Set
- JTIDS Interface Unit
- JTIDS Message Standard Working Group
- JTIDS Module
- JTIDS Moving Map Tactical Information Display System
- JTIDS Network Design Library
- JTIDS Network Support Cell
- JTIDS Technical Interface Concepts
- JTIDS Terminal
- JTIDS Terminal Controller
- JTIDS Unit
- JTIDS-MAOC Integration