KTPS

AcronymDefinition
KTPSKothagudem Thermal Power Station
KTPSKota Thermal Power Station (India)
Copyright 1988-2018 AcronymFinder.com, All rights reserved.
References in periodicals archive ?
Professor Craig Mahoney, UWS principal and vice-chancellor, said: "To be Scotland's fastest growing provider of KTPs and to be placed within the top 10 higher education institutions providing KTPs across the whole of the UK is a significant achievement.
For more information about KTPs at UWS visit https://www.uws.ac.uk/ktp To discuss a potential collaboration with UWS through a KTP project email ktp@uws.ac.uk
Teesside has an established track record for providing high-quality KTPs. To date 87% of the University's KTPs over the previous five years had been judged 'outstanding' or 'very good' compared with a national average of 55%.
In addition to the Business Leader of the Future nomination, the University was also nominated in the Best Partnership category and the Research Councils UK Award category for KTPs.
Average work experience for KTPs was 22.9 years (223 KTPs reported), while average tenure with the current company was 7.9 years (304 KTPs reported).
Approximately 45% (187 of 413) of all KTPs reported holding, or having held, professional certification.
Boosting the number of KTPs is a major priority for the school's business development manager, Simon McKenna, and business development officer, Marie-Claire Micuta, who take charge of the detailed work needed in setting up a project and securing approval and funding.
Companies currently contribute 40% of the cost of short-term KTPs, with an average contribution being around PS20,000 and the Welsh Government contributing the remaining 60%.
Managing director of the Renown Group, John Hamilton, said: "Since the KTPs started, our sales have risen from PS11m to PS15m and profits have also increased.
The University of Wolverhampton has been awarded pounds 24.3 million so that it can participate in KTPs. The funds should help to increase the number of partnerships in the region from 70 to 210 over the following three years.
KTPs are a Government-backed initiative designed to help companies innovate and grow by linking them with university student and staff expertise.