LVESVI

AcronymDefinition
LVESVILeft Ventricular End Systolic Volume Index
Copyright 1988-2018 AcronymFinder.com, All rights reserved.
References in periodicals archive ?
Using a multivariate model with stepwise variable selection, we found that changes in LVESVi (0.09 [+ or -] 0.02, p < 0.01, variance 15%), early mitral inflow velocity (0.12 [+ or -] 0.03, p < 0.01, variance 11%), and deceleration time (-0.04 [+ or -] 0.01, p < 0.01, variance 6%) between time points 2 and 1 were each significantly associated with change in LAVi (total variance accounted for was 32%; Table 3).
Subgroup analysis and the multivariate model with stepwise variable selection on patients with one year between the initial and follow-up TTE similarly showed that changes in early mitral inflow velocity (0.16 [+ or -] 0.04, p < 0.01, variance 13%) and LVESVi (0.09 [+ or -] 0.03, p < 0.01, variance 11%) were associated with a change in LAVi (total variance accounted for was 24%; Table 3).
Longitudinally, an increase in LVESVi and early mitral inflow velocity as well as a decrease in deceleration time was associated with an increase in LAVi.
In our study, indicators of worsening systolic function (increased LVESVi) and indicators of worsening diastolic function (elevated early mitral inflow velocity) were associated with an increase in LAVi overtime.
Over a longer period of a year, in addition to the clinical parameters, better systolic performance as indicated by smaller LVESVi and better diastolic performance were associated with decreased LAVi.
The primary end-point of the PARACHUTE China study was the assessment of efficacy as measured by the reduction in left ventricle end-systolic volume index (LVESVI) against baseline LVESVI at 3 months postdevice implantation.
The sample size of the trial was based upon an estimated change in LVESVI of 14 [+ or -] 14 ml/m [sup]2 from prior European and United States data.
The primary end-point was the reduction in mean LVESVI at 3 months postdevice implantation compared with baseline LVESVI.
A change in LVESVI as measured by echocardiography significantly reduced from the preimplant baseline to 3 months (77.5 [+ or -] 20.0 ml/m [sup]2 vs.
A reduction in LVESVI of at least 15% was observed in significantly more patients with ivabradine than for placebo (38% vs.
"The reduction in LVESVI of about 6 mL/m2 is more or less comparable with other pharmacologic interventions, and importantly it adds on to the beneficial effect of beta-blockers and ACE inhibitors," he said.
The primary endpoint of the study is reduction in left ventricle end systolic volume index (LVESVi) at three months, which was analysed at an echocardiography core lab, Yale Cardiovascular Research Group.