References in periodicals archive ?
Although leftward displacement of the ventricular septum may be common, to our knowledge, there are no reports on the occurrence of LVOTO as a complication during corrective surgery for Ebstein's anomaly.
As the number of patients with the complication of LVOTO or Type B WPW is small, longer follow-up and expanded size are needed.
The occurrence of severe LVOTO during corrective surgery for Ebstein's anomaly might be related to improper operation of the atrialized right ventricle.
An unusual cause of dynamic left ventricular outflow obstruction: An unusual case of dynamic LVOTO. Int J Cardiol 2015;197:282-3.
* LVOTO. Defined as a subaortic gradient of 30 mm Hg or more, LVOTO is present at rest in 25% of HCM patients.
* AF, which occurs in approximately 25% of those with HCM and is more common in patients with LVOTO, (19) often presents clinically as acute heart failure because of the reduced diastolic filling.
Additional therapeutic options for patients without LVOTO include calcium channel blockers, nitrates, and diuretics.
Patients with LVOTO or abnormal mitral motion are at moderate risk of spontaneous bacterial endocarditis (SBE).
Arterial switch operation must also be the first preference in patients with TGA having LVOTO due to correctable causes (5).
LVOTO is currently considered to be a dynamic phenomenon, and the onset of LVOTO requires the coexistence of two elements: predisposing anatomical factors and a physiological condition that induces this type of phenomenon. The anatomical substrates include LV hypertrophy in patients with HCM, hypertension or aortic stenosis, myocardial infarction, mitral valve replacement or repair, steep aortic root angle, and abnormalities of the mitral subvalvular apparatus, ACP, or AF.
In conclusion, LVOTO is an underestimated dynamic phenomenon in ICU patients.
LVOTO is not usual in critically ill patients, and echocardiography with the evaluation of LVOT is essential to diagnose LVOTO in ICU patients with shock.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Lvov Center Historical Archives
- Lvov Chronicle
- Lvov Museum of Ukrainian Art
- Lvov Oblast
- Lvov Operation of 1920
- Lvov Polytechnic Institute
- Lvov Railroad
- Lvov, Fedor
- Lvov, Fedor Nikolaevich
- Lvov, Georgii
- Lvov, Georgii Evgenevich
- Lvov, Mikhail
- Lvov, Mikhail Dmitrievich
- Lvov, Nikolai
- Lvov, Nikolai Aleksandrovich
- Lvov, Nikolai Nikolaevich
- Lvov, Poland
- Lvov, Poland
- Lvov, Prince Georgi Yevgenyevich
- Lvov, Sergei
- Lvov, Sergei Dmitrievich
- Lvov, Ukraine - Snilow
- Lvov, University of
- Lvov-Sandomierz Operation of 1944
- Lvov-Volyn Coal Basin
- Lvovich, Mark
- Lvovich, Mark Isaakovich