LRS

(redirected from Lifetime Reproductive Success)
AcronymDefinition
LRSLibrary Research Service
LRSLietuvos Respublikos Seimas (Lithuanian: Lithuanian Parliament)
LRSLese Rechtschreib Schwaeche (German: Reading Spelling Weakness)
LRSLawyer Referral Service (Ontario)
LRSLogistics Readiness Squadron (USAF)
LRSLong Range Surveillance
LRSLearning Record Store (data store)
LRSLaser Raman Spectroscopy (semiconductors)
LRSLow Resolution Spectra
LRSLanger Radstand
LRSLanguage Resource File
LRSLanguage Resource (File Name Extension)
LRSLittle Red Schoolhouse (various locations)
LRSLinear Referencing System (transportation engineering)
LRSLight Rail System (various locations)
LRSLinear Regression Slope (algorithm)
LRSLloyd's Register of Shipping
LRSLow Ratio Suspension (bicycles)
LRSLeader Replacement System (California Department of Health Care Services)
LRSLast Resort Service
LRSLactated Ringer's Solution
LRSLower Respiratory Symptom
LRSLicensing and Registration System (fishing regulation)
LRSLifetime Reproductive Success
LRSLaboratory for Reactor Physics and Systems Behaviour (Switzerland)
LRSLittle Red Spot (feature of Jupiter)
LRSLand Resource Science (University of Guelph; Canada)
LRSLearning Resource Services (libraries, media centers, computer centers)
LRSLong-Range Search
LRSLine Repeater Station
LRSLiquids-Rich Shale (energy production)
LRSLinear Recursive Sequence
LRSLeros, Greece - Leros (Airport Code)
LRSLaurinburg & Southern Railroad
LRSLady Raven Stables LLC (Spokane, WA horse ranch)
LRSLead Retrieval System (software)
LRSLockton Risk Services (insurance; Lockton Companies)
LRSLaser Rangefinding Scope (rifle)
LRSLunar Republic Society
LRSLittoral Remote Sensing
LRSLaunch and Recovery System
LRSLobbyists Registration System (Canada)
LRSLearner Response System (training course; Promethean Planet)
LRSLow-Resistivity Silicon
LRSLake Reporting Service
LRSLongest Repeating Sequence
LRSLaser Reflectance Spectrometer
LRSLaser Raman Scattering
LRSLaboratory for Reliable Software
LRSLeafy Reduced Stature (botany)
LRSLow Resolution Scenario
LRSLiterature Reviewing Service
LRSLatvijas Rakstnieku Savieniba (Writers' Union of Latvia)
LRSLink Reinforcement Set for MGB
References in periodicals archive ?
Effects of feeding frequencies and sugar concentrations on lifetime reproductive success of Meteorus pulchricornis (Hymenoptera: Braconidae).
The previous discussion on the biological importance of puberty illuminates an extremely important concept; that is, the timing of puberty is a major determinant of the lifetime reproductive success of an individual.
Because projected survival and expected lifetime reproductive success are below average for these late-born offspring (Clutton-Brock et al., 1987; Green and Rothstein, 1993; Takatsuki and Matsuura, 2000), it may be counterproductive to produce a poor daughter that will establish a sympatric home-range and compete for resources with the mother and other relatives.
Longevity is an important predictor of lifetime reproductive success in other large mammals (Clutton-Brock 1988, Le Boeuf and Reiter 1988).
Second, fitness also includes lifetime reproductive success, or total number of clutches per female.
The uses of data on lifetime reproductive success. Pages 454-471 in T.
Here we go one step further in tracing fitness differences by analyzing the lifetime reproductive success of great reed warblers philopatric to our Swedish study site compared to that of immigrants.
Under this view, nonbreeding can be seen as a component of an adaptive strategy; under certain circumstances, refraining from breeding could increase the Residual Reproductive Value and maximize Lifetime Reproductive Success (Wooller et al.
Adult survival was reduced by 24% and lifetime reproductive success in females by 48%.
The effect of male material for female longevity and the connection between longevity and fecundity may explain why an earlier study did not find convincing evidence for a positive relationship between female body size and lifetime reproductive success in P.
(1995) estimated that about 87% of the seasonal decline in lifetime reproductive success was due to direct timing effects (the remaining 13% being due to quality differences between early and late breeders).
However, few studies have been able to combine investigations of the relative importance of direct male factors, e.g., territory quality, and indirect male factors, e.g., elaborate songs and feathers, on lifetime reproductive success in a single species.