References in periodicals archive ?
Security experts have said that MANPADS could be acquired by militants or smugglers and taken across Libya's porous southern borders into Algeria, Mali, Mauritania and Niger.
This incident, and an attack on an Arkia Israeli Airlines Boeing 757 in Kenya a year earlier, heightened public awareness of the MANPADS threat.
government, quoted Syrian opposition activist "Tony" Al-Taieb in Aleppo as saying that the FSA now considers acquiring MANPADS a major objective.
Earlier the US asserted that it did not provide the MANPAD to the group which shot down the Russian plane.
In area defence MANPADS are used either to break up, harass and destroy attacking enemy air formations or else to force them up into the higher altitudes where they can be tackled under the best possible conditions by sensor-guided anti-aircraft missiles and/or gun systems.
The ISIL militants reportedly received two MANPADS from unknown parties across the border in Iraq on October 6 to ensure air defense of militants fighting the government forces trying to take under control the road from Hama to Aleppo.
The Ministry said in a statement that its experts were particularly interested in remains of the Russian attack aircraft's engines with traces of the missile impact in order to precisely identify the MANPADS type used by terrorists, its, production site, and channels of supply to Syria.
The discussion of the threat posed to air operations by SAM systems and MANPADS is followed by the Electric Avenue article reviewing the steps being taken by industry to help meet these threats.
Media affiliated with the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), a leftist militant group battling the Turkish state, posted a video purporting to show a fighter downing a Cobra attack helicopter with a man-portable air-defense system -- or MANPADS -- in the mountains of southeastern Turkey on Friday morning.
The systems include Russian and Chinese shoulder-mounted Manpads - which can strike commercial airliners and military planes and helicopters at up to 15,000ft.
Anti-aircraft weaponry like Manpads can't reach those altitudes.
The BND federal intelligence service reportedly told the German lawmakers the rocket launchers, identified as Manpads or Man Portable Air Defence Systems, that the ISIS now have in its possession are portable surface-to-air systems.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Manotick Intermediate Hockey League
- Manouvrier, Leonce Pierre
- Manouvrier, Léonce Pierre
- Manowar (wargame)
- Manpack Radio Direction Finding System
- Manpack Receive Terminal
- Manpack Secondary Imagery Dissemination System
- Manpack UHF Terminal
- Manpack Unit
- MANPER Interface File
- Manportable Radio Direction-Finding System
- Manportable Surveillance and Target Acquisition Radar
- Manportable Target Locator Device
- Manportable Weather Support System
- Manpower & Equipment Force Packaging
- Manpower & Force Management Course
- Manpower & Management Services Division
- Manpower & Organization Flight
- Manpower & Personnel
- Manpower & Personnel Integration
- Manpower & Personnel Management Information System
- Manpower & Personnel Module
- Manpower & Personnel Module - Base
- Manpower & Personnel Module - MAJCOM
- Manpower & Personnel Readiness Center
- Manpower & Personnel Research & Development
- Manpower & Reserve Affairs
- Manpower Access Report System
- Manpower Allocation Requirements Criteria