References in periodicals archive ?
The discussion of the threat posed to air operations by SAM systems and MANPADS is followed by the Electric Avenue article reviewing the steps being taken by industry to help meet these threats.
On Saturday, media affiliated with the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), a leftist militant group battling the Turkish state, posted a video purporting to show a fighter downing a Cobra attack helicopter with a man-portable air-defense system -- or MANPADS -- in the mountains of southeastern Turkey on Friday morning.
Manpads have a 10-year life before they start to corrode.
The paper also added the Manpads could potentially target passenger planes during take-off and landing.
BEIRUT: A State Department official Tuesday denied a newspaper report claiming that the White House had "lifted its veto" on deliveries of shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles, or MANPADS, to Syrian rebels trying to topple President Bashar Assad.
officials said last month that the administration continued to oppose any transfers of manpads [shoulder-launched missiles] to rebel fighters, citing the danger the weapons could fall into the hands of al Qaeda and other armed extremist groups." More than 2 million refugees have fled Syria.
to allow them to play a direct role in sending the rebels the air defense systems commonly known as manpads. While administration officials have previously ruled out that option, a senior official said it was being considered, in part because the U.S.
"Saudi Arabia is expected to provide shoulder-fired antiaircraft missiles, known as Manpads, to a small number of handpicked fighters, as few as 20 at first."
Officials and diplomats said Saudi Arabia is expected to provide shoulder-fired antiaircraft missiles, known as Manpads, to a small number of fighters.
The article, citing a classified report received by the German foreign intelligence service and the German government last week, said Riyadh was looking at sending European-made Mistral-class MANPADS, or man-portable air-defence systems.
WASHINGTON (CyHAN)- The United States does not supply Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's opponents with man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS) but provides coordination and logistics support to such supplies, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Manotick Brass Ensemble
- Manotick Intermediate Hockey League
- Manouvrier, Leonce Pierre
- Manouvrier, Léonce Pierre
- Manowar (wargame)
- Manpack Radio Direction Finding System
- Manpack Receive Terminal
- Manpack Secondary Imagery Dissemination System
- Manpack UHF Terminal
- Manpack Unit
- MANPER Interface File
- Manportable Radio Direction-Finding System
- Manportable Surveillance and Target Acquisition Radar
- Manportable Target Locator Device
- Manportable Weather Support System
- Manpower & Equipment Force Packaging
- Manpower & Force Management Course
- Manpower & Management Services Division
- Manpower & Organization Flight
- Manpower & Personnel
- Manpower & Personnel Integration
- Manpower & Personnel Management Information System
- Manpower & Personnel Module
- Manpower & Personnel Module - Base
- Manpower & Personnel Module - MAJCOM
- Manpower & Personnel Readiness Center
- Manpower & Personnel Research & Development
- Manpower & Reserve Affairs
- Manpower Access Report System