MBHP recognizes the reality of mental health care in Massachusetts and incorporates those realities into measuring the performance and outcome of ESP.
(177) State programs, with a proven successful track record like MBHP's ESP initiative, can be used as models for other states.
MBHP manages one of the largest health provider networks in Massachusetts.
(114) MBHP, Services for Our Members, http://www.masspartnership.com/member/index.aspx?
(116) MBHP, Emergency Services Program (ESP) Overview, available at http://www.mass partnership.com/provider/pdf/ESP%200verview%20Standard%20Presentation%2072909.pdf.
MBHP differentiates between adult and youth crisis services through two separate intervention units, one for adults and another for youths.
(122) See MBHP, supra note 116 at 14-15 (describing adult crisis intervention services).
(123) See generally MBHP, supra note 116 (oudining the purpose, goals, and effectiveness of the ESP program).
MBHP also has a rapid admission incentive where MBHP "pays hospitals an incentive payment for rapid admissions." Id.
(171) See supra notes 116-123 (outlining MBHP's ESP program).
(173) MBHP, supra note 116 at 21 (describing the ESP program).