References in periodicals archive ?
(52.) Michael McGerr, A Fierce Discontent: The Rise and Fall of the Progressive Movement in America (New York: Oxford University Press, 2003), 167-68.
(17) The trail then goes cold, although we know that as McGerr notes, " [b]y the seventeenth century, S was in the possession of Henry Percy, ninth Earl of Northumberland, who died in 1632." (18)
(5.) Wald, Windows; Davis, Spearheads, xvii-39; Jansen, Henry Street, 1-6; McGerr, A Fierce Discontent, 77-81.
(7) This understanding of the narrator's behavior remains useful even if we decide, like McGerr and Philip Boardman, that his greatest interpretative problem lies in an incapacity to escape "the realm of courtly discourse, in which tales of a lost "fers" (654) or a lady described as "ded" and "agoon" in a ballad could in fact signify an unfaithful mistress (479).
Long Beach teachers working with Bain began constructing their questions based on their prior knowledge and experience, as well as by reading and discussing Michael McGerr's A Fierce Discontent, a recent synthesis on progressive reform.
(4) See generally MICHAEL MCGERR, A FIERCE DISCONTENT: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT IN AMERICA, 18701920 (Free Press, 2003); see also A HISTORICAL GUIDE TO THE U.S.
(5.) Michael McGerr, A Fierce Discontent: The Rise and Fall of the Progressive Movement in America, 1970-1920 (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003), xvi.
For what context there is, Rego relies on historians Michael McGerr and Lewis L.
(67) Regarding these reform efforts, see Ballard Campbell, Public Policy and State Government, in Charles Calhoun (ed), The Gilded Age: Perspectives on the Origins of Modern America (2007) 353; Sean Cashman, America in the Gilded Age: From the Death of Lincoln to the Rise of Theodore Roosevelt (1984) 354-80; John Whiteclay Chambers II, The Tyranny of Change: America in the Progressive Era, 1890-1920 (2000) 132-71; Lewis Gould, America in the Progressive Era, 1890-1914 (2001); Hofstadter, above n 60, 174-271; Melvin Holli, 'Urban Reform in the Progressive Era' in Lewis Gould (ed), The Progressive Era (1974) 133; Michael McGerr, A Fierce Discontent: The Rise and Fall of the Progressive Movement in America (2003) 77-181; Robert Wiebe, The Search for Order, 1877-1920 (1967) 164-223.
3 (December 1999): 965-975; Michael McGerr, "The Price Of The "New Transnational History".," American Historical Review 96, no.
The changes in the nature of Morning Exercise beginning in the 1960's are clearly documented and are of a piece with historian Michael McGerr's observation that "the liberal century...
MOVIE SONG: Death Cab For Cutie, from left to right - Nick Harmer, Jason McGerr, Chris Walla and Ben Gibbard
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- McGarrett, Steve
- McGavock High School
- McGaw Resident Fellow Forum
- McGaw YMCA
- McGee Creek State Park
- McGee forceps
- McGee, Anita Newcomb
- McGee, Sam
- McGee, Thomas D'Arcy
- McGee, Travis
- McGhee Productivity Solutions
- McGhee, Walter
- McGill Abbreviated Concussion Evaluation
- McGill ACE
- McGill Action Planning System
- McGill Additive Manufacturing Students' Society
- McGill Anatomy and Cell Biology Students Society
- McGill Association of North American Born Asians
- McGill Association of University Teachers
- McGill Automated Registration Service
- McGill Business Conference on Sustainability
- McGill Business Consulting Group
- McGill Business Law Association
- McGill Centre for Research and Teaching on Women
- McGill College
- McGill College
- McGill Comprehensive Pain Questionnaire
- McGill Graduate Business Conference
- McGill Graduate Studies Fellowship
- McGill Group for Suicide Studies