References in periodicals archive ?
With these caveats, this analysis uses data from the cert-pool memos in the papers of Justice Lewis Powell from cases decided during the 1972-1974 Terms and the 1984-1985 Terms.
We urge our coaches to keep these memos on file and thus retain an accurate record of what has been covered.
They employ power directly."(3) The most intriguing thing about memos as a textual practice is that they express power so immediately, ceaselessly, and bluntly that they hardly seem like "texts" at all.
We would have lunches and letters and memos about how people were going to choose offices.
White House counsel Don McGahn said in a letter to the committee that the memo contains "numerous properly classified and especially sensitive passages" and asked the intelligence panel to revise the memo with the help of the Justice Department.
In a letter last night to Richman, Graham, Grassley, Feinstein and Whitehouse, called on Richman to provide the memos to the Judiciary Committee to assist with its oversight of the Justice Department and FBI.
If you want to take that memo and fully produce it, that can also be done, since the Music Memos app allows users to open the recorded track in GarageBand or Apple's professional-grade recording software, Logic Pro X.
The intelligence community believes the release of the memos has had a discernible "chilling effect" on those in the clandestine service who work on counter terrorism issues.
Disarm defensiveness by prefacing your comments with "the reader" and avoiding the personal pronouns "you" or "I." Your intent is not to polarize, nor to embark on a fruitless deadlocked debate with your writer, but to focus on readers -- their ease of reading, their problems understanding and responding to the letter, memo or report.
Had someone at FBI headquarters looked into their files they might have found a memo dated September 27, 1968, describing Rees as "an unscrupulous unethical individual" whose information "cannot be considered reliable." (Rees said in an interview that he had never seen the memo.) Yet despite this characterization, in 1982 the FBI again depended on Rees's writings-this time sending the State Department a book excerpt that its Office of Public Diplomacy relied on to officially label a women's peace group a "Soviet front organization." The label later was withdrawn.
Fox News ,however, quoted Jerrold Nadler, the chairman of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, as saying that four memos, without a shadow of a doubt, authorized torture and gave explicit instruction on how to carry it out, all the while carefully attempting to maintain a legal fig leaf."
On Tuesday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Trump met with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to discuss differences between the two memos, and "we are undergoing the exact same process that we did with the previous memo, in which it will go through a full and thorough legal and national security review."
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Memory Write Command Line
- Memory Write Invalidate
- Memory Write Queue
- Memory, Arrangement, Invention, Delivery, Style
- Memory, Mr.
- Memory, Tradition and Text
- Memory-Aware Reference Stack
- Memory-Based Cognitive Framework
- Memory-Based Language Processing
- Memory-Based Reasoning
- Memory-Controller Translation Look-Aside Buffer
- Memory-Enhanced Test Driver
- Memory-Level Parallelism
- Memory-Mapped Configuration Register
- Memory-mapped I/O
- Memory-Mapped Register
- Memory-Pooling-Assisted Data Splitting
- memory-reference instruction
- memory-segmentation control
- Memory/Memory Control Replacement Program
- Memoryless Binary-Input Output-Symmetric Channel
- Memoryless Gaussian Broadcast Channel
- Memoryless Modulator
- Memoryless Noisy Channel
- Memoryless Non-Linear Transform
- Memoryless Polynomial Predistortion
- Memorystick pro
- Memorystick pro duo
- Memphis (disambiguation)
- Memphis (disambiguation)
- Memphis and Shelby County Music Commission
- Memphis Archaeological and Geological Society
- Memphis Area Band Association
- Memphis Area Bluegrass Association
- Memphis Area for Rent
- Memphis Area Gay Youth
- Memphis Area Geographic Information Council
- Memphis Area Golden Retriever Rescue
- Memphis Area Home Builders Association
- Memphis Area Legal Services, Inc.
- Memphis Area Teacher's Credit Union
- Memphis Area Transit Authority
- Memphis Area Women's Council
- Memphis Army Depot