MEPAS

AcronymDefinition
MEPASMultimedia Environmental Pollutant Assessment System
MEPASMedische Praktijk Assistent (Medical Practice Assistant, Belgium)
References in periodicals archive ?
Actores vinculados con el proceso de politicas pubicas de turismo en Narino Actores MinCIT, Ministerio de Cultura, estrategicos Viceministerio de Turismo, Gobernacion de Narino, Fon-tur, Procolombia, Bancoldex, Direccion Administrativa de Turismo de la Gobernacion de Narino, MiciTio, Secretaria Administrativa de Cultura de la Gobernacion de Narino, Subsecretaria de Turismo de Pasto e Ipiales, alcaldias municipales, Grupo de Proteccion al Turismo y Patrimonio Nacional del Departamento de Policia (DENAR) Narino y su dependencia para la ciudad de Pasto (MEPAS) y Migracion Colombia.
The MEPAs were not renewed after their expiration in 2012, not because of any particular deficiency in WD's delivery system, but rather because of a major reconfiguration of programs among all of Canada's regional development agencies by the Harper government.
What before 1987 were the General Development Agreements (GDAs), Economic and Regional Development Agreements (ERDAs), and Cooperative Agreements became the Canada-Manitoba Economic Partnership Agreement (MEPA).
The MEPA contracts provided a unified, co-financed and multiyear funding mechanism for collective intervention and shared responsibility (Canada 2003; 2015).
Since 2000, MEPA and other agreements managed by WD emphasized mutual learning through joint monitoring and evaluation mechanisms (Canada 2003).
In 1999, after debating several proposals to change the Montana Environmental Policy Act (MEPA), (5) the Montana Legislature concluded that the magnitude and complexity of the issues related to MEPA and its implementation required a careful, reflective, deliberative study.
To help achieve these tasks, EQC asked the Montana Consensus Council (MCC) to evaluate the effectiveness of public participation under MEPA. MCC, an independent nonprofit organization administratively attached to the Office of the Governor, agreed and started by reviewing the literature and developing a framework to evaluate the effectiveness of public participation.
Identify and explain ways to improve public participation under MEPA.
Of the 93 completed surveys, 17 percent were filled out by state agency staff and administrators--the people responsible for conducting public involvement projects under MEPA. The remaining 83 percent were filled out by the people MEPA-driven public involvement is meant to serve, the project proponents, including citizens, conservation groups, and representatives of business and industry.
These developments, as discussed below, have significant implications for the contractual arrangement under the MEPAs between the Canadian and Manitoba governments.
For WD, managing the MEPAs became fraught with costly coordination in terms of policy ownership and control, as multiple and sometimes conflicting local interests in diverse sectors of the rural and urban economy projected their own narratives of innovation policy in the province.
The survival and integrity of MEPAs under the current governance arrangements in Manitoba (especially since 2000) seem to rest on the adaptive capacities of WD in the face of complexity and change as the province embraces a new strategy to promote innovation and become a knowledge economy.