(34) NYHS, John La Farge papers, letterbook aout 1818-novembre 1819.
(38) NYHS, Castorland Mss, folder 2, James-Donatien Le Ray de Chaumont a Michel Guyot, 24 fevrier 1815.
(46) NYHS, records of the Tontine coffee house, serie V, volume 13, journal 4, entree du 27 avril 1815.
(47) NYHS, David Parish letterbook, reel 2, Parish a Hettinguer, 14 juillet 1815.
(52) NYHS, John La Farge papers, letterbook, August 1818 to December 1819, La Farge a huit mai sons francaises, 15 octobre 1818.
(53) NYHS, John La Farge papers, letterbook, August 1818 to December 1819, La Farge a Maurice Lognon (Beauvais), 10 novembre 1818.
1826 (Cornelius Winne hired to slaughter animals), Albany Institute of History and Art; George Holcomb Diary, 29 March 1832, NYSL; Sarah Mynderse Campbell Diary, 8 May 1824, 16-18 May 1829; William Hoffman Diary, 12 March 1847, NYHS
; Hannah Barnard, Dialogues on Domestic and Rural Economy and the Fashionable Follies of the World (Hudson, 1820), p.
Newburgh Papers, Box 2, Bank of Newburgh, NYHS
. On the eve of the Civil War dealers continued to supply bank officers with credit information about other dealers in order to win favor.
Accounts of Jacobus Bush in Pick Account Book; Petrus Hendricks in Daniel Osterhoudt Book of Accounts, 1791-1820, Kingston Senate House; Account Book of John Masten (shoemaker), 1781-1828, NYHS.
The background material for these farmers is based on the Probate Inventories and Accounts of Peter Burhans (1806), Wilhelm DuBois (1810), and Nicholas Hardenbergh (1810), Ulster County Clerk's Office; Ulster County Deed Book, volumes 7 (GG) 1765-1780 and 8 (HH) 17801790, Ulster County Surrogate Court Office; "Records of the Corporation of the Town of Kingston," volume 3 (1767-1798) and volume 4 (1798-1816), UCCO; 1798 Tax Assessments, NYHS.