References in periodicals archive ?
For NEPAD had been sold as being some kind of 'Marshall Plan' and was supposedly a programme 'by Africans and for Africans': And transformational change had been promised.
To realise NEPAD's five per cent Agenda and the African Infrastructure Guarantee Mechanism (AIGM), the delegates recommended the establishment of PIDA project specific working groups to focus on data transparency and dissemination; advocacy work; project development; review and funding; partnerships and capacity building.
Take the Lagos-Abidjan corridor -- our role is to support ECOWAS in building a specialised entity, which will manage the corridor, facilitate the way its go- ing to work by providing expertise, and linking them to potential financiers, particularly in the private sector." If that role seems diminished compared to the aspira- tional initial goals of NEPAD, it's because results-based implementation focused on bankable projects has sup- planted the utopianism of one-stop schemes to guide Africa's development.
Pour une meilleure implication des populations dans le mecanisme du Nepad, l'atelier a recommande la creation d'un observatoire africain de la societe civile a Tamanrasset.
Stressing the role of each country in the mobilization of alternative financing resources, president Keita drew the attention of participants on the weak level of annual contributions from member countries to finance NEPAD activities.
Africa.com Chairman and CEO Teresa Clarke, said, "Africa.com has long held a deep regard for the important work undertaken by the NEPAD Council to mobilize and energize global action.
NEPAD is a radically new intervention, spearheaded by African leaders, to address critical challenges facing the continent: poverty, development and Africa's marginalization internationally.
"NEPAD has laid the ground for a comprehensive African framework to achieve political, economic, and social development in Africa, which achieved significant progress and economic growth rates that exceeded 5% yearly in many countries, despite all the challenges it faces," said Morsi.
Le Chef de l'Etat participe ce mercredi aux sommets des Brics et du Nepad en Afrique du Sud, et y prononcera un discours dans lequel il mettra l'accent sur le role egyptien dans le continent africain, en partant du fait que l'Egypte est un des 5 Etats initiateurs du Nepad.
(24) Together with other African leaders President Mbeki formed New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD) to engineer the process of African renaissance.
Through its ICT Broadband Infrastructure Programme, NEPAD aims to connect all African countries to one another and to the rest of the world by broadband optical fibre.
PIDA is a joint initiative of the African Union Commission (AUC), the New Partnership for Africa s Development (NEPAD) Secretariat and the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Neozipine XL
- Neozipine XL
- NEP (disambiguation)
- NEP (disambiguation)
- NEPA Compliance Office
- NEPA Document Tracking System
- Nepal Academy of Medical Sciences
- Nepal Academy of Tourism and Hotel Management
- Nepal Administrative Staff College
- Nepal Adolescent and Young Adult
- Nepal Agricultural Research Council
- Nepal Airlines Corporation
- Nepal America Journalist Association
- Nepal Animal Science Association
- Nepal Appreciative Inquiry National Network
- Nepal Association for the Welfare of the Blind
- Nepal Association of Fine Arts
- Nepal Association of Foreign Employment Agencies
- Nepal Association of Tour & Travel Agents
- Nepal Australia Friendship Association
- Nepal Bangladesh Bank Ltd.
- Nepal Bar Association
- Nepal Battery Company Ltd.
- Nepal Beekeepers Association
- Nepal Biogas Promotion Group
- Nepal Biomedical Research Center
- Nepal Building Construction Workers Association
- Nepal Bureau of Standards and Metrology
- Nepal Campaign to Ban Landmines