References in periodicals archive ?
To decide which programs will receive that funding, OEPP asks the military to propose programs.
* Has ASD(OEPP)'s coordination activities or alternative fuels guidance and policy affected the alternative fuel goals and initiatives of the military services?
(2) [section]902 of the FY2009 Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act established the position of Director of Operational Energy Plans and Programs (OEPP).
Office of Environmental Planning and Policy (OEPP).
(90) The office is headed by the Assistant Secretary of Defense, Operational Energy Plans and Programs (ASD(OEPP)), is responsible for developing DOD policy for operational energy and alternative fuels, and for coordinating operational energy efforts across the services.
Section 902 of the FY2009 Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act established the DOD position of Director of Operational Energy Plans and Programs (OEPP).
As mentioned in the previous section, one of the responsibilities of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Operational Energy Plans and Programs (ASD(OEPP)), which is codified by statute, is to coordinate and oversee planning and program activities relating to operational energy.
* How well is ASD(OEPP) coordinating the operational energy initiatives of the various services?
Congress, House Committee on Armed Services, Subcommittee on Readiness, What is the Price of Energy Security: from Battlefields to Bases, 112th Cong., 2nd sess., March 29, 2012; Data from OEPP, April 2012.
(89) Discussion with ASD(OEPP) officials, March 1, 2012.
(91) Information provided by ASD(OEPP), April 2012.
* Does ASD(OEPP) believe it makes sense, in terms of having a coordinated DOD approach to operational energy, for DOD's second-largest user of fuel--the Department of the Navy--to attempt to spur a domestic advanced biofuels industry, while DOD's largest user of fuel--the Air Force--is not attempting to do this, and has instead adopted an approach of not purchasing biofuels until they are cost competitive with petroleum-based fuels?
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Oerlikon Contraves AG