References in periodicals archive ?
Indigenous Cultural Competency Training is offered by facilitators associated with the Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centres (OFIFC).
A dedicated Cultural Resource Coordinator within friendship centres will begin to fill a cultural gap and provide regular assistance for urban Indigenous children, youth and families involved in programming, who often go without consistent access to resource people and Elders, reads a press statement from OFIFC. The position will offer counselling, support, teaching and ceremonies, and preventative services.
(25-28) Data sharing and research agreements were established between the academic research team, OFIFC and DAHAC.
(31) The OFIFC identified the city of Hamilton as a promising community site on the basis of its significant Aboriginal population and strong infrastructure of Aboriginal community services.
"The Ontario Federation of Indian Friendship Centres is pleased to receive this capital grant toward renovation of a number of our centres," said OFIFC president David Martin.
OFIFC adds that "Aboriginal child and family poverty in Canada is rooted in cultural fragmentation, multi-generational effects of residential schools, wardship through the child welfare system, and socio-economic marginalization.
All royalties from the sale of the book will be donated to a new scholarship fund set up by the anthology's co-editors and managed by the OFIFC. The Heroic Women's Scholarship Fund will benefit single mothers over the age of 30 who are returning to school.
The Ontario Federation of Indian Friendship Centres (OFIFC) in Toronto released a report on May 22 titled Tenuous Connections, a study of urban Aboriginal teen sexuality.
Kanawayhitowin is a Cree word which means 'taking care of each other's spirit.' Funding from the former Ontario Women's Directorate of the Ministry of Children and Youth has provided necessary supports for the OFIFC to work with Aboriginal communities to develop effective campaigns mandated to focus on the issues of violence against women, violence witnessed by Aboriginal children, and talking to Aboriginal men about how violence can end.
On April 4, the federal government and the Ontario Federation of Indian Friendship Centres (OFIFC) agreed on a strategy to help the homeless.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Oficina Europea de la Lucha Antifraude
- Oficina Federal Suiza para la Agricultura
- Oficina General de Epidemiologia
- Oficina Internacional Católica de La Infancia
- Oficina Internacional de Derechos Humanos Accion Colombia
- Oficina Internacional de Educación Católica
- Oficina Internacional de Epizootias
- Oficina Mecânica E Elétrica Ltda
- Oficina Metropolitana de Servicio de Autobuses
- Oficina Mundial de Estadísticas del Metal
- Oficina Nacional de Evaluacion de Recursos Naturales
- Oficina Nacional de Identificación y Extranjería
- Oficina Nacional de la Defensa Publica
- Oficina Nacional de La Mujer
- Oficina Nacional de la Propiedad Industrial
- Oficina Nacional de Normalización
- Oficina Nacional de Procesos Electorales
- Oficina Nacional de Servicio Civil
- Oficina Nacional de Tecnologías de Información
- Oficina Nacional para la Prevención y Atención a Desastres
- Oficina Sanitaria Panamericana
- Oficina Virtual Na Internet
- Oficinas Gerais de Material Aeronáutico
- Oficinas Gerais de Material de Engenharia
- Oficiul de Stat pentru Inventii si Marci
- Oficiul Pentru Protecþia Consumatorilor
- Oficiul Român Pentru Drepturi de Autor
- Ofis Ar Brezhoneg
- OFISA Informatique
- OFlaherty, Liam