References in periodicals archive ?
Code states that OHDACA funds are authorized "for humanitarian assistance ...
(131) The OHDACA appropriation has a two-year period of availability and is used to fund a number of DoD humanitarian activities, including the Humanitarian Assistance (HA) Program (10 U.S.C.
The Overseas Humanitarian, Disaster, and Civic Aid (OHDACA) appropriation supports the Secretary of Defense and Combatant Commanders' security cooperation strategies to.
Starting in FY96, Congress combined the DoD statutes into one overall funding appropriation called OHDACA. However, as time went on, the amount of annual OHDACA appropriations (usually in the range of $50M to $60M) was just not sufficient for the increasing demand for disaster relief and humanitarian assistance projects.
For marly years, prior to operations in Afghanistan and Iraq, funding for DoD disaster response and humanitarian assistance projects was appropriated annually in the Overseas Humanitarian, Disaster, and Civic Assistance (OHDACA) Account.
(50) Not only will USAFRICOM be subject to meeting the above criteria before undertaking an OHDACA project, but it will also face limitations on the nature of HCA provided.
Most important, civilians at the PRTs obtained access to State Department Economic Support Funds, which could support projects that OHDACA could not.
The intended purpose for OHDACA funds is to support humanitarian assistance operations, relieve indigenous population suffering following a specific disaster, and generate long-term positive perceptions of the DOD.
(79) For over a decade, Congress has enacted two equally available appropriations to fund HCA activities above the minimal cost HCA threshold: OHDACA and military department O&M.
Finally, the Defense Security Cooperation Agency provides OHDACA (Overseas Humanitarian, Disaster and Civic Aid) funding for school, medical clinic, and other infrastructure construction projects managed by CJTF-HOA, as well as IMET (International Military Education and Training) funds to support Mil-to-Mil training activities.
With regard to DoD's Overseas Humanitarian Disaster and Civic Aid (OHDACA) account, there should be expanded use of such funds for stabilization missions only where the Chief of Mission and COCOM jointly determine such efforts are in U.S.
The main point of confusion in funding Humanitarian Assistance Programs (HAP) is the distinction as to which authorized activities can be funded with DoD O&M funds appropriated to the military services as opposed to those that can be funded with a fenced category of DoD O&M funds referred to as Overseas Humanitarian, Disaster, and Civic Aid (OHDACA) funds.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Ohci Base Address Register
- Ohdo bepharophimosis syndrome
- Ohdo syndrome
- Ohdo syndrome, Say/Barber/Biesecker type
- Ohdo syndrome, SBBYS variant
- Ohdo-Hirayama-Terawaki syndrome
- Ohdo-Madokoro-Sonoda syndrome