References in periodicals archive ?
For participants without diabetic foot ulceration, no significant relationships were observed between total PAIS-SR score and age (r=0.128, p=0.206), marital status (Z=1.155, p=0.248), education levels (F=5.491, p=0.139), employment status (F=5.470, p=0.140), diabetes duration (F=0.772, p=0.680), monitoring blood glucose (F=1.813, p=0.404), smoking cigarettes (Z=1.879, p=0.060) and drinking alcohol (Z=0.159, p=0.874), but significant relationships were found between total PAIS-SR score and gender (Z=2.232, p=0.026) and exercising (Z=2.770, p=0.006).
A significant positive correlation was found between total PAIS-SR scores and HbA1c levels in participants with diabetic foot ulceration (r=0.208, p=0.038) indicating that poorer psychosocial adjustment to illness was associated with poorer metabolic control i n participants with diabetic foot ulceration.
Willoughby et al (2000) found that women with diabetes were well adjusted to their illness (mean total PAIS-SR was 30 [+ or -] 21).
We were interested in determining if those subjects who were well adjusted according to their score on the PAIS-SR were also the subjects who functioned more independently, endorsed a fewer number of communication problems, and perceived themselves as high disclosers in communication dyads.
PAIS-SR Total Score(1) 1.00 +0.68(*) -0.49(*) -0.37(*) SECEL(2) 1.00 -0.28 -0.21 Opener Scale 1.00 +0.09 ADL(3) 1.00
(1) PAIS-SR Psychosocial Adjustment to Illness Scale - Self Report
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- pairwise balanced design
- Pairwise comparison
- Pairwise Correlated Generalized Valence Bond Method
- Pairwise Correlating Transform
- Pairwise disjoint
- Pairwise disjoint sets
- Pairwise Error Probability
- Pairwise Independent Random Variable
- Pairwise Interaction Point Process
- pairwise key
- Pairwise Master Key
- Pairwise Nearest Neighbor Algorithm
- Pairwise Rankings
- Pairwise relatively prime
- Pairwise Sequentially Markovian Coalescent
- Pairwise Transient Key
- Pairwise Transient Key Security Association
- Pairwise Variability Index
- Pairy bluebird
- País Valencià
- Pais Vasco
- País Vasco
- Pais, Ettore
- Pais, Sidónio
- Paisa (disambiguation)
- Países Africanos de Língua Oficial Portuguesa
- Países da Europa Central e Oriental
- Países Menos Adelantados
- Paises Pobres Fuertemente Endeudados
- Países Pobres Muy Endeudados
- Paisiello, Giovanni
- Paisii of Hilendar
- Paisius of Hilendar