References in periodicals archive ?
BNL is the 95% owner and manager of the Porgera Joint Venture gold mine in Papua New Guinea.
John's experience as Vice-President of Australian Operations of Placer Pacific and Managing Director of Kidston Gold Mines, during which time he was involved in setting-up and organising six PNG and Australian mines, including as a member of the management committee of the successful Porgera Joint Venture in PNG, adjacent to the Mt Kare project, will be of great benefit in driving forward the Mt Kare project.
Since 2007, Barrick has owned 95% of the Porgera Joint Venture (PJV); the remaining 5% is held by Mineral Resources Enga (MRE), owned half by the Enga Provincial Government and half by the Porgera landowners.
Porgera Joint Venture has set up a committee which includes workers, other stakeholder and employer representatives, where they further discuss the type of services to be provided to the retrenchees.
Misima Mines Ltd's Managing Director reported the company's intention to make the central Porgera Environmental Advisory Kommittee (PEAK) more administratively independent of the main Porgera Joint Venture company operating in New Guinea.
Operations to benefit from the AMIRA P483/483A Mine to Mill project and subsequent application projects - upon which the award was based - include the Porgera Joint Venture mine operated by Placer Dome in Papua New Guinea.
When Porgera Joint Venture (PJV), comprising four equity partners and managed by Placer Niugini (a subsidiary of the Canadian company Placer Dome), wanted to commence construction on the Progera project in 1988 it was faced with a 'recruitment dilemma' that quickly became a stumbling block to the smooth construction and eventual operation of the mine.
A recent report published by the Mineral Policy Institute (MPI) of Australia contends that the "pollution associated with this mine is arguably worse than that of the notorious Ok Tedi mine." The managing director of Placer Niugini, the PNG subsidiary of the Placer mining company, defends the Porgera Joint Venture (PJV, a joint operation of three Australian companies, Placer, Renison Goldfields and Highlands Gold), telling the PNG parliament in December 1995 that the claims were "baseless."
John was a member of the management committee of the successful Porgera Joint Venture. His skills will prove invaluable for guidance through the current phases of Indochine projects, in particular the Mt Kare project in PNG.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Porfimer sodium
- Porfirii Bakhmetev
- Porfirii Chanchibadze
- Porfirii Denisovich Martynovich
- Porfirii Georgievich Chanchibadze
- Porfirii Ivanovich Bakhmetev
- Porfirii Ivanovich Voinaralskii
- Porfirii Martynovich
- Porfirii Nikitich Krylov
- Porfirii Voinaralskii
- Porfirio Diaz
- Porfirio Díaz
- Porfolio Recovery Associates
- Porgera Joint Venture
- Porges method
- Porges, Otto
- Porges-Meier test
- Porges-Pollatschek reaction
- Pori International Jazz Festival
- Pori, Finland
- Pori, Finland
- Pori, Finland
- Pori, Finland - Pori
- Poria cocos
- Poriadnaia Zapis