References in periodicals archive ?
We set up retransmission sites across the brigade's OE and eventually built a 150' platform on a 500' tower in order to provide better FM and Enhanced Position Location Reporting System coverage to the brigade.
Enhanced Position Location Reporting System (EPLRS): is a digital, netted radio that provides secure, jam-resistant radio frequency connectivity and positional location capabilities to the Navy and Marine Corps.
The tactical communications radios that currently service the lower echelon Army units are dominated by two LOS Combat Network Radios that include the Enhanced Position Location Reporting System and the Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System.
The primary role of this equipment is to provide legacy radios (Single-Channel Ground-to-Air Radio System and Enhanced Position Location Reporting System) range extension through the WIN-T network.
The waveforms include the new Wideband Networking Waveform, the new Soldier Radio Waveform, the Enhanced Position Location Reporting System Waveform, the Single Channel Ground Air Radio System Waveform, the High Frequency Waveform and the Ultra High Frequency Satellite Communications Waveform.
Inside the TCM, FA24s assist and lead in the management of legacy capabilities such as Single-Channel Ground Airborne Radio System, Enhanced Position Location Reporting System, Integrated System Control, Secure Mobile Anti-Jam Reliable Tactical-Terminal, PSC-5; current capabilities EPLRS, Joint Network Node-Network, High-Capacity Line-of-Sight; and future capabilities such as Joint Tactical Radio System and Warfighter Information Network-Tactical, armed with the regiment's core competencies of:
EPLRS was originally developed in the 1980s as an upgrade to a pre-GPS, time of flight based position location reporting system. The upgrade added the ability to carry small amounts of digital data to tie together the original five battlefield functional areas: Field Artillery, Combat Service Support, Air Defense Artillery, Intelligence and Maneuver Control.
In July, the Land Warrior ensemble incorporating the Enhanced Position Location Reporting System Microlight radio successfully completed an assessment of doctrine, organization, training, materiel, leader development, personnel, and facilities.
ADDSI--Army Data Systems Interface AMF--Airborne-Maritime Fixed Station ASI--Additional Skill Indicator BCT--brigade combat team CAV--Cavalry DoD--Department of Defense ENM--EPLRS Network Manager EPLRS--enhanced position location reporting system FYDP--Future Years Defense Program ID--Infantry Division JPEO--Joint Program Executive Officer JTRS--Joint Tactical Radio System OCOS--Office Chief of Signal UA--Unit of Action
AMF--Airborne Maritime Fixed-Station 1 CAV--1st Cavalry Division 41D--4th Infantry Division CohORT--Cohesion, Operational Readiness, and Training DoD--Department of Defense ENM--EPLRS Net Managers EPLRS--Enhanced Position Location Reporting System FYDP--Future Years Defense Program NCS-A--Net Control Stations NET--Net Equipment Training JPEO JTRS--Joint Program Executive Officer for the Joint Tactical Radio System SBCT-2-2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team SCNG--South Carolina Army National Guard UA--Units of Action UE--Units of Employment
Enhanced Position Location Reporting System. Preparation for the Enhanced Position Location Reporting System's new fielding continues.
Initial single channel JTR Set capability will be available at the EOA beginning in January/February 2005, followed by the introduction of Enhanced Position Location Reporting System, Wideband Networking Waveform and Link-16 waveforms in February 2005.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Position four-vector
- Position Hazard Analysis
- Position Identification Number
- Position in Range
- Position Independent Code
- Position Indicated By Light or Smoke Trail
- Position Indicating Valve
- Position Indication Probe
- Position Indicator
- Position Indicator
- Position Information Questionnaire
- Position Initialization
- Position Integration Project
- Position Keeper
- Position Latérale de Sécurité
- Position Light Junction Indicator
- position lights
- Position Limit
- Position limits
- Position line
- Position Line Item Detail
- Position lines
- Position Location and Identification
- Position Location and Navigation Symposium
- Position Location and Reporting System
- Position Location Information
- Position Location Information Communication
- Position Location Information/Precise Position Location Information
- Position Location Module
- Position Location Reporting & Control of Tactical Aircraft
- Position Location Reporting System
- Position Location Sensor System
- Position Location Strike System
- Position Location System
- Position Location Test System
- Position Management Board
- Position Management/Classification
- Position manifold
- Position micrometer
- Position micrometer
- Position Navigation
- Position Navigation Device
- Position Navigation Unit
- Position Navigator
- Position Number
- Position of Attention
- Position of Comfort
- Position Of Equipment Indicator
- Position of Incident Is Marked
- Position of Intended Movement
- Position of Interest
- Position Of Maximum Opportunity
- Position of Responsibility
- Position of Strength
- position of the instrument face
- Position of the Maximum Energy Peak
- Position of trust
- Position Oneself
- Position Operation Meteorological Aircraft Report
- Position operator
- Position Organization Listing