(8) Marie Benedicte Ollivier, RNDM, Missionary beyond Boundaries: Euphrasie Barbier, 1829-1893, translated by Beverley Grounds, RNDM (Rome: Istituto Salesiano Pio XI, 2007).
(10) When the RNDM Sisters came to Manitoba, its public school system was going through a process of reorganization and consolidation that began in 1890 and became a major national political issue.
(26) Susan Smith wrote that in the hierarchical interpretation of the Trinity, the progress from God to Christ to Church ensured "that the radical freedom of the Spirit is controlled by subordination to ecclesiastical order and discipline." Susan Smith, RNDM, Call to Mission: The Story of the Mission Sisters of Aotearoa New Zealand and Samoa (Auckland, New Zealand: David Ling Publishing Ltd, 2010), 275.
(28) The ecclesial nature of the RNDM missions, responding to the needs identified by the Church, did not change until the 1980s when missionary work was defined as a 'reignocentric' activity.
Peru, filing cabinet J, Latin America, RNDM, General Archive, Rome, p.
(38) Marilyn LeBlanc, "History Project" (questions relating to Canada and the Peruvian mission, prepared in August 2012 for the book Rosa Bruno-Jofre is writing on the RNDM in Canada).
(43) Theology of Liberation and RNDM Missionary Endeavor in Peru.
(44) Moquegua Mission, report, , Peru, filing cabinet J, Latin America, RNDM, General Archive, Rome.
Monica (Irene), RNDM. Peru, provincial administration, bulletins, provincial news, orange box, section G, shelf 9.
(49) The Candarave Diary '83, Peru, RNDM, General Administration, Rome.
Source: email correspondence with Margaret Dawson, RNDM.