References in classic literature ?
Then rising, and throwing back her veil, she implored her in the great name of the God whom they both worshipped, and by that revelation of the Law upon Mount Sinai, in which they both believed, that she would have compassion upon them, and suffer them to go forward under their safeguard.
No one will come," said she; "do not fear, there is our safeguard," pointing to the bed.
As the dun nightingale, daughter of Pandareus, sings in the early spring from her seat in shadiest covert hid, and with many a plaintive trill pours out the tale how by mishap she killed her own child Itylus, son of king Zethus, even so does my mind toss and turn in its uncertainty whether I ought to stay with my son here, and safeguard my substance, my bondsmen, and the greatness of my house, out of regard to public opinion and the memory of my late husband, or whether it is not now time for me to go with the best of these suitors who are wooing me and making me such magnificent presents.
Do you think she will ever forget that her son is her safeguard, her shield, the pledge for her dignity, for her fortune and her life?
His honest, patronizing pride in the good-will and respect of everybody about him was a safeguard even against foolish romance, still more against a lower kind of folly.
They had built it to protect their ships, and had dug the trench all round it that it might safeguard both the ships and the rich spoils which they had taken, but they had not offered hecatombs to the gods.
Influenced by these feelings, I now felt a strong desire to avail myself of the stranger's protection, and under his safeguard to return to Nukuheva.
A counteraction, gentle and continual, is the best safeguard of manners and conduct.
Scotch or English judges upon me, a subject of the king of France; upon me, placed under the safeguard of British honor
The captain made light of his counsels, and pointed to his cannon and fire-arms as sufficient safeguard against naked savages.
I keep it only to safeguard myself, and to preserve a weapon which will always secure me from any steps which he might take in the future.
When she saw Jorindel she was very angry, and screamed with rage; but she could not come within two yards of him, for the flower he held in his hand was his safeguard.
Acronyms browser ?
- SAFE SHOP
Full browser ?
- Safecount Viewpoint Community
- Safed Koh
- Safed moosli
- Safed moosli
- Safed, Palestine
- SafeDesk Server
- SafeDesk Solutions
- safeguard against
- Safeguard Against Privacy Invasions
- Safeguard Communications Program Management Office
- Safeguard Communications Program Manager
- Safeguard Data Processing Laboratory
- Safeguard Integrated Logistics Support Plan
- Safeguard Inventory Control Center
- Safeguard Maintenance & Reporting Analysis System
- Safeguard Management Information System
- Safeguard Management Information System Operating Program
- Safeguard Memory
- Safeguard Old State
- Safeguard Public Affairs Coordinating Committee
- Safeguard Readiness Posture
- Safeguard System Configuration Control Board
- Safeguard System Design Release Schedule
- Safeguard System Management Communications Network Program
- Safeguard Tactical Communications Plan
- Safeguard Tactical Communications System
- Safeguard Tactical Field Force
- Safeguard Test & Evaluation Program
- Safeguard Transportation System
- Safeguard Youth from AIDS
- Safeguarding & Social Care
- Safeguarding European Photographic Images for Access
- Safeguarding of Assets