References in periodicals archive ?
The Saab Bofors Dynamics RBS23 Bamse system appears to have been developed to provide better altitude coverage than existing Shorads, and to intercept smaller targets.
Other naval Shorads include the MBDA Vertical Launch Seawolf and Mica.
The somewhat heavier Shorad guided missiles fill the gap between Vshorads and medium-range systems that provide engagements beyond 20 kilometres.
The Raytheon Aim-120 Amraam is employed in the airfield Shorad role in Kongsberg's Norwegian Advanced Surface-Air Missile System (Nasams), which combines six-round towed firing units and Raytheon MPQ-64 surveillance and TPQ-36A tracking radars; the latter augmented by thermal imaging cameras.
Russia's first significant mobile Shorad system was the Antey 9K33 Romb or Osa (SA-8), which first appeared in 1974 and is based on a 6 x 6 amphibious vehicle.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Shoqëria Anonime
- Shoqëria Me Përgjegjësi Të Kufizuar
- Shor algorithm
- Shor's algorithm
- Shor, Rozaliia
- Shor, Rozaliia Osipovna
- Shora Bekmurzovich Nogmov
- Shora Nogmov
- SHORAD Site Data Report
- SHORAD Weapon/Sensor Readiness Report
- shore (someone or something) up
- Shore Acres
- Shore Acres State Park
- Shore Activities Program Readiness Assessment
- Shore Activity
- Shore Activity Maintenance Support
- Shore Activity Management Support
- Shore ASW Command Center
- Shore Based Maintenance Certificate
- Shore Based Maintenance Contracts and Certificates
- Shore Based Maintenance Support Center
- shore bird
- shore bird
- Shore birds
- Shore Bombardment
- Shore Bombardment Area
- shore bombardment line