References in classic literature ?
All this mad dashing and splashing of the waters of the big ocean, which the mischievous wind caused without any good reason whatever, resulted in a terrible storm, and a storm on the ocean is liable to cut many queer pranks and do a lot of damage.
She relieved me at the bailing-hole from time to time, and bravely she threw out the water and faced the storm.
Too slowly runneth all speaking for me:--into thy chariot, O storm, do I leap
The schooner paused not, but rushing across the harbour, pitched herself on that accumulation of sand and gravel washed by many tides and many storms into the southeast corner of the pier jutting under the East Cliff, known locally as Tate Hill Pier.
The rain swished with it, and immediately there were all those sounds of windows being shut and doors slamming violently which accompany a storm.
Maggie lost herself in sympathy with the wanderers swooning in snow storms beneath happy-hued church windows.
But the saddest of all the stories of the Yankee Storm was the one about the Franklin Dexter.
But this man of nerve manifested neither impatience nor annoyance; it seemed as if the storm were a part of his programme, and had been foreseen.
These wise and sober thoughts continued all the while the storm lasted, and indeed some time after; but the next day the wind was abated, and the sea calmer, and I began to be a little inured to it; however, I was very grave for all that day, being also a little sea-sick still; but towards night the weather cleared up, the wind was quite over, and a charming fine evening followed; the sun went down perfectly clear, and rose so the next morning; and having little or no wind, and a smooth sea, the sun shining upon it, the sight was, as I thought, the most delightful that ever I saw.
It really was a violent storm, approaching a hurricane in force, and at one time it seemed as though the craft, having been heeled far over under a staggering wave that swept her decks, would not come back to an even keel.
The driving clouds of the gathering thunder- storm mingled there with masses of black and red smoke.
The storm which was coming was already making itself manifest, not only in the wide scope of nature, but in the hearts and natures of human beings.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- storming mad
- storming off
- storming out of the blocks
- storming out of the traps
- Storming party
- Storming the Floor
- Stormont test
- Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry
- Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, Prescott-Russell
- Stormont-Dundas-South Glengarry
- Stormpike Graveyard
- stormproof window
- Stormrider Guide North America
- storms off
- storms out of the blocks
- storms out of the traps
- Storms to Come
- Stormtroopers of Death
- Stormwater and Erosion Control
- Stormwater detention systems
- Stormwater Discharge Outfall
- Stormwater Discharge Permit Program
- Stormwater Environmental Indicators Demonstration Project
- Stormwater Industry Association of Victoria
- Stormwater infiltration
- Stormwater Inflow
- Stormwater Innovative Technology Evaluators
- Stormwater Management
- Stormwater Management
- Stormwater Management Academy
- Stormwater Management and Design Aid
- Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel
- Stormwater Management Facilities
- Stormwater Management Manual for Western Washington