According to open source SVBIED researcher Hugo Kaaman, the graduation ceremony taking place at the academy that day was the most probable target of the attack.
(23) Indeed, the deliberate use of SVBIED tactics would be an unprecedented development for the ELN that would have significant implications for Colombian security forces.
These included two SVBIED
and gunmen attacks on February 23 near the Villa Somalia presidential residence and NISA headquarters that killed at least 45 people; (22) an SVBIED
attack on a Somali military base in the major town of Afgooye located about 20 miles from Mogadishu and the temporary capture of the town of Balad after a deadly ambush on an AMISOM convoy on March 2; (23) and the IED killing near Wanlaweyn, Lower Shabelle of two officials from the Hirshabelle and Southwest regional states.
was the "momentum breaker" most frequently used by the Islamic State to blunt ISF penetrations into the inner city.
These include the killing of at least 65 people in two separate suicide vehicle-borne improvised explosive device (SVBIED
) attacks in Ankara in February and March and a June 7 attack by a 24-year-old female suicide bomber that claimed the lives of 11 people, including six police officers, in the Vezneciler neighborhood of Istanbul.
(17) On July 15, a rare SVBIED
in the mainland targeted a military installation on a major highway east of Cairo but failed to reach its target.
There, a suicide vehicle-borne improvised explosive device (SVBIED
) was detonated, leading to the eventual collapse of regime forces.
(a) The Islamic State detonated a suicide, vehicle-borne IED (SVBIED
) north of Ramadi on August 27, 2015, killing the Iraqi Army 10th Division commander and the Deputy Commander of the Anbar operations.
AQAP conducted mass-casualty attacks against the Huthis, such as a December 18 twin suicide vehicle-borne improvised explosive device (SVBIED
) strike in the Red Sea port city of al-Hudaydah.
(38) Between March 29 and April 6, 2015, the Islamic State launched at least six SVBIEDs
at ISF positions in the Hamrin oil field (footage of Hamrin SVBIED
utilizing a captured ISF M113 APC) .
(11) The Haqqani network is allegedly responsible for the following attacks targeting Indian interests in Afghanistan: SVBIED
detonated outside the entrance to the Indian Embassy in July 2008; SVBIED
detonated outside the entrance to the Indian Embassy in October 2009; attack on a Kabul guesthouse used primarily by Indians in February 2010.
* It is an elite military force that can make military operations decisive and successful, including suicide vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices (SVBIEDs
) and suicide vests