TAMIU

AcronymDefinition
TAMIUTexas A&M International University (Laredo, Texas)
Copyright 1988-2018 AcronymFinder.com, All rights reserved.
References in periodicals archive ?
Through instruction, faculty and student research, and public service, TAMIU improves the quality of lives for citizens of the border region, the State of Texas, and national and international communities.
TAMIU was the first campus in the Texas A&M University System to host a MobilePack event on university grounds, in fact, in the Student Center Rotunda (see Figure 1).
On February 24-25, 2017, TAMIU hosted a MobilePack event at the Student Center Rotunda.
Clayton's (2016) three-part framework for service-learning, adopted by TAMIU, features academic study, practical experience, and civic engagement as the three pillars for service-learning (p.
The survey was created through [SurveyMonkey.sup.R] and was accessed during the two days of the event by participants through four laptops granted by TAMIU's Office of Information Technology.
While 75% (n = 127) were registered students and/or currently employed at TAMIU, the remaining 25% (n = 43) were not.
FMSC MobilePack was a public event that took place in TAMIU's Student Center.
The TAMIU community has a strong commitment to civic engagement, which influences the expansive engagement of its members (Barnhardt, Sheets, & Pasquesi, 2015); however, varied levels of engagement were soon obvious on the part of the volunteers participating in the survey.
While the three-part framework for service-learning (Clayton, 2016) adopted by TAMIU was implicit in the event under study, the study revealed that overt practical experience and civic engagement were more readily evident to the participants than were the academic components.
The events afforded service opportunities to TAMIU students and the community in general who wanted to make an impact on global child hunger.
As this manuscript was being written, the TAMIU community has set another MobilePack event for the upcoming academic year, with the results from this study and reflective discussions to guide the planning for the university and the community in which it is invested.