References in periodicals archive ?
The TerreStar sat phone system uses a single geosynchronous satellite orbiting the earth at an altitude of just over 22,000 miles.
AT&T's new service merges primary cellular wireless connectivity with the ability to connect to TerreStar's satellite network as a backup.
The service can be accessed using the TerreStar GENUS dual mode cellular/satellite smart phone, which offers cellular wireless capability as the primary default mode and a satellite access capability as a secondary option for voice, data and messaging through the TerreStar satellite network when the cellular network is unavailable.
"We congratulate TerreStar Networks on their successful first IP-based phone call over the satellite network, and are proud to be part of this momentous occasion."
US mobile communications firm TerreStar (PINK:TSTRQ) said it will cancel its bankruptcy auction and sell itself to the only bidder, pay television provider Dish Network Corp (NASDAQ:DISH), which made an offer of USD 1.375bn (EUR957m).
EchoStar Corp., which had agreed to put in $125 million to help TerreStar emerge from bankruptcy, pulled out of that deal this week.
Excluding write-offs of EUR8.3m in receivables from its insolvent US customer TerreStar Corp (PINK: TSTRQ), and non-recurring costs of some EUR3.3m, the company forecasts the loss to be between EUR7m and EUR8m.
Also, AT&T is working with TerreStar Networks to offer an integrated smartphone mobility solution that will combine primary cellular wireless connectivity with the ability to connect to a satellite network as a backup--using one phone number and one smartphone device.
Provider of a secure satellite terrestrial mobile broadband network TerreStar Networks Inc (TerreStar), a majority-owned subsidiary of TerreStar Corporation (Nasdaq: TSTR), said on Thursday that it has been granted authority to integrate terrestrial use of TerreStar's 20 MHz S Band spectrum into its next generation mobile wireless network by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
It would be in the region of 10 million and 100 million for the operators concerned, estimates Caroline De Cock, adviser to TerreStar. The rising satellite operator intends to launch, at the end of 2008 for the United States and in 2010 for Europe, the biggest commercial satellite ever launched (18 metres in diameter), according to three angles: an internet protocol platform (voice, data, mobile television), emergency services resulting from the challenges posed by hurricane Katrina and the 11 September attacks in 2001 in the United States, and 4th generation communication networks in order to make up for the digital divide' between cities and the countryside.
Charlie Ergen's Dish Network is betting big on wireless, having spent USD2.775 billion to buy S-Band spectrum from DBSD North America and TerreStar Networks -- and the wager may be all about delivering video content to Dish subscribers and beyond.
US pay-TV provider Dish Network Corp (NASDAQ:DISH) has offered to buy out the assets of bankrupt telecommunications firm TerreStar Networks for nearly USD1.38bn (EUR965.7m) in cash, according to a court filing.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Terremark Federal Group
- Terrence Higgins Trust
- Terrence Higgins Trust
- Terrence Rattigan
- Terrence Rattigan
- Terres Australes et Antarctiques Francaises
- Terres Australes et Antarctiques Françaises Territoire
- Terrestrial Aeronautical Radio/Telephone System
- Terrestrial Aeronautical Radiotelephone System
- Terrestrial Amateur Radio Packet Network
- Terrestrial and Atmospheric Multi-Spectral Explorer
- Terrestrial and Freshwater Biodiversity Information System
- Terrestrial Application of Solar Technology and Research
- Terrestrial Basal Medium Agar
- Terrestrial Biogeochemical Model
- Terrestrial Biophysics and Remote Sensing Laboratory
- Terrestrial Broadcasting Agreements and Arrangements
- Terrestrial Carbon Observations
- Terrestrial Carbon Processes
- Terrestrial Clear Channel Capability
- Terrestrial Communications Network
- Terrestrial Coordinate System
- terrestrial coordinates
- Terrestrial Cosmogenic Nuclide
- Terrestrial Critical Control Circuit
- Terrestrial Critical Control Circuits
- Terrestrial Data Service
- Terrestrial Defense Force
- Terrestrial Digital Audio Broadcasting
- Terrestrial Digital Audio Radio
- Terrestrial Digital Multimedia Broadcast
- Terrestrial Digital Multimedia Broadcasting
- Terrestrial Digital Service