Also found in: Wikipedia.
TORSTARToronto Star (Canadian Newspaper)
Copyright 1988-2018, All rights reserved.
References in periodicals archive ?
* We ended the second quarter of 2019 with $36.3 million of cash and cash equivalents and $8.9 million of restricted cash; Torstar has no bank indebtedness.
Through the deal, Postmedia acquired 22 local newspapers and two Metro dailies from two Torstar subsidiaries.
Meanwhile, Torstar acquired a total of 17 publications from Post-media: seven daily Ontario newspapers, eight community newspapers and free dailies 24Hours Toronto and 24Hours Vancouver.
Torstar will acquire 15 community newspaper properties and two free commuter daily newspapers.
The deal is expected to be completed by the end of the third quarter, subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory clearance and Torstar shareholder approval.
Bokma and his senior colleague Webern Torstar then quickly jumped into action and created the new division - architecture - that helped the duo to meet their thirst for creativity.
Together with, said it will work with tour operators, airlines and cruise lines to expand its offering, providing consumers with unique travel offers marketed across the expansive Torstar media network.
Starnews' CEO, George De La Rosa, has expanded the credit union's membership base from its original focus on employees of the Torstar Corporation, during his 7 years there.
They want what they want, when they want it, and NetSuite enables us to respond in a timely fashion." Torstar Digital ( is the digital division of broad-based media conglomerate Torstar Corporation (TSX: TS-B).
With this deal, BCE is buying the remaining 85% from Woodbridge, the holding company that includes the Thomspon family, the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan and Torstar Corp., which owns the Toronto Star newspaper.
Bell said it currently owns a 15% equity position in CTV and will acquire the remaining 85% for CAD1.3bn in equity value from The Woodbridge Company Ltd, a Toronto-based holding company of the Thomson family; Ontario Teachers Pension Plan; and Torstar Corporation.
Acquiror Ontario Teachers' Vendor Pension Plan The Woodbridge Company Vendor Limited Torstar Corporation Vendor A$ 3,437,833,000 Intoll Group Target 15-Jul-10 Canada Pension Plan Acquiror $ 2,000,000,000 ING Summit Industrial Target 26-Aug-10 Fund LP KingSett Capital Inc.