References in periodicals archive ?
The report by UK Airprox Board, which investigates near-misses on flights, gave the incident the highest possible rating of a Category A which indicates there was a "serious risk of collision".
The airliner was flying at 518 metres towards the West Sussex airport on 28 April when the pilot saw a darkcoloured drone and made a banking turn to the right of up to eight degrees to avoid the device, according to the UK Airprox Board (UKAB).
In the report to the UK Airprox Board, which investigates near misses, it was stated that the Saab pilot assessed the risk of collision as "medium".
The (https://www.airproxboard.org.uk/Reports-and-analysis/Monthly-summaries/2019/Monthly-Meeting-July-2019/?fbclid=IwAR3Bx9kXkoOSlhVjQWd6cAWoMOe3XsP_KOzN7FITK7-AaJEglmlpHhWjWAY) report , which was published by the UK Airprox Board (UKAB) body, stated in its summary that the plane's pilot reported that he "saw a dark colored drone ahead" and "avoiding action of a 5-8[degrees] bank to the right was taken".
The incident involved an Airbus A320 aircraft approaching Gatwick Airport and a dark coloured drone, the UK Airprox Board (UKAB) said.
"It was a completely clear day with excellent visibility," said the report to the UK Airprox Board which investigates near-misses.
The terrifying close shave was revealed in an official report by the UK Airprox Board.
The near miss was revealed in the last UK Airprox Board (UKAB) monthly report.
The report by the UK Airprox Board, which investigates near misses in UK airspaces, put the incident in the most serious category as a 'definite risk of collision existed'.
The tail of the Loganair aircraft was inspected because the crew "thought it may have been hit" as it approached the airport, according to a report by the UK Airprox Board (UKAB).
The incident was rated as having the highest degree of risk and happened as the flight approached for landing, according to a report by the UK Airprox Board (UKAB).
The number of near misses between private drones and aircraft in Britain more than tripled between 2015 and 2017, with 92 incidents recorded last year, according to the UK Airprox Board regulator.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Ujung Kulon National Park
- Ujung Pandang
- Ujung Pandang
- Ujung Pandang, Indonesia - Hasanudin
- Ujung-Ujungnya Duit
- UK & Ireland Genealogical Information Service
- UK ADCU
- UK Aerospace Forum
- UK Airprox Board
- UK Airshow Review
- UK Alliance of Wedding Planners
- UK ANATT
- UK and Eire Glaucoma Society
- UK and Ireland
- UK and Ireland
- UK anthem
- UK Anti-Doping
- UK Army Artillery Meteorological System
- UK Arts and Design Institutions Association
- UK Asian
- UK Association for Buddhist Studies
- UK Association of Frozen Food Producers
- UK Association of Letting Agents
- UK Association of the FIS
- UK Astrophysical Fluids Facility
- UK Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Association
- UK Breast Cancer Coalition
- UK Business Council for Sustainable Energy
- UK Business Forums
- UK Business Incubation
- UK Campaign for Digital Rights
- UK CAT
- UK CC
- UK Centre for Legal Education
- UK Centre for Materials Education
- UK Cheerleading Association
- UK Civil Litigation
- UK Cleaning Products Industry Association
- UK CLWP