UNMIN

AcronymDefinition
UNMINUnited Nations Mission in Nepal
UNMINUnaccompanied Minor (aviation industry)
References in periodicals archive ?
Immediately after signing the CPA, on 8 December 2006, the Agreement on Monitoring of the Management of Arms and Armies (AMMAA) was signed by the two parties with the witness of the Chief of the UNMIN (Upreti and Sapkota 2016).
UNMIN, it added, played an important support role in the successful holding, in April 2008, of an historic Constituent Assembly election that was a major milestone in the peace process.
Ban Ki-moon gave this challenge to Ian Martin, the former head of UNMIN, in April 2011.
A fresh verification carried out by the Special Committee formed after UNMIN's departure in early 2011 found around 17,000 PLA personnel in the cantonments.
By the end of the discharge process, out of 4,008 VMLRs, only 60 percent (2,394) of them were discharged and the remaining 40 percent (1,614) who were absent at the time of final discharge were officially discharged in an absentia signed by UCPNM and government of Nepal (GoN) witnessed by United Nation's Mission in Nepal (UNMIN) (3).
The containers initially given to the UNMIN was given to the government after the departure of the UN body in January 15, 2011.
The UN body passed a resolution on Friday to end the UNMIN mandate ending any chances of an extension.
I feel that all political parties, especially the three major ones, should come together and form a consensus, just like they did to replace the UNMIN.
Some 120 UNMIN staffers have also been notified to initiate a checkout process.
He further stated that the process would be under observation of the UN the country would be an agenda of the Security Council for three years even after the exit of the UNMIN.
The United Nations mission in Nepal (Unmin) warned that there were "few signs of a consensual way forward in Nepal's peace process with the major parties preoccupied with internal fissures and the question of power sharing".
Commenting on the council's program for September, Apakan said developments in the Middle East, recent reports of the Council's sanction committees on Iran and Sudan, reports of UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA), UN Mission in Nepal (UNMIN), UN Mission in Liberia (UNMIL), UN Stabilization Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH) and UN Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), as well as developments in Congo and Somalia were among the topics that would be on the agenda of the council this month.