USMTC

AcronymDefinition
USMTCUnited States Machine Tool Consumption Report
Copyright 1988-2018 AcronymFinder.com, All rights reserved.
References in periodicals archive ?
The USMTC report is jointly compiled by AMT--The Association For Manufacturing Technology and the American Machine Tool Distributors' Association, the two trade associations representing the production and distribution of manufacturing technology.
The 12-month rate of change for the most recent USMTC statistic, November is 4.8%, which is to say that the one-year moving average of USMTC orders is growing at almost 5%.
The USMTC numbers are broken down by region, and June figures are listed on the map, along with each region's share of the June national total.
The United States Machine Tool Consumption (USMTC) report, jointly compiled by the two trade associations representing the production and distribution of manufacturing technology provides regional and national US consumption data of domestic and imported machine tools and related equipment.
By machine type, April orders for metalcutting machines account for 96% of the total reported by USMTC participants; metalforming machines make up the remaining 4%.
This total, as reported by companies participating in the USMTC program, was down 4.1% from June but up 22.4% from the total of $204.37 million reported for July 2004.
The USMTC statistics track orders for consumption of both imported and domestically produced machine tools and related technology.
This total, as reported by companies participating in the USMTC program, was up 6.3% from May and up 0.9% from the total of $266.58 million reported for June 2004.
FIG 2 How to Calculate a 12-Month Rate of Change 12 12 Month Month DATE USMTC Total ROC Aug 2011 2,727 Slower Sept 2011 2,727 Slower Oct 2011 2,563 Faster Nov 2011 2,563 Faster Dec 2011 2,563 Jan 2012 2,590 Feb 2012 2,590 Mar 2012 2,590 Apr 2012 2,635 May 2012 2,635 June 2012 2,635 July 2012 2,588 31,404 Aug 2012 2,588 31,265 Sept 2012 2,588 31,126 Oct 2012 2,889 31,452 Nov 2012 2,889 31,777 Dec 2012 2,889 32,103 Jan 2013 2,052 31,565 Feb 2013 2,162 31,137 Mar 2013 2,685 31,232 Apr 2013 2,217 30,814 May 2013 2,260 30,440 June 2013 2,097 29,902 July 2013 1,975 29,289 -6.73 Aug 2013 2,152 28,854 -7.71
Orders by Region, April 2011 West $42-M 11% Central $121-M 30% Midwest $124-M 31% Northeast $58-M 15% South $51-M 13% Source: USMTC
These numbers and all data in this report are based on the totals of actual data reported by companies participating in the USMTC program.
The USMTC (United States Machine Tool Consumption Report) three-month moving average for metalcutting orders turned upward in March 2003.