References in periodicals archive ?
The jurisdiction of the UTRCA spans approximately 3,400 square kilometers, serving a population of 485,000 within Perth, Huron, Oxford and Middlesex Counties, the City of London, the City of Stratford and the separated Town of St.
The UTRCA has fifteen board members, four of whom are appointed by the City of London.
Information was collected from official correspondence regarding subdivision applications between the UTRCA and the City of London and between the HCA and the City of Hamilton.
The UTRCA and the HCA will be compared based on their positions taken on proposed subdivision developments that directly affected watershed health.
The hypothesis is that the UTRCA will defer a greater percentage of subdivision applications in regulated areas than the HCA.
For the entire 2001-2010 period, the UTRCA deferred approximately fifty-eight percent of all subdivision applications in regulated areas.
The new regulation was received differently by UTRCA and HCA staff.
After the introduction of the new regulation, the UTRCA deferred sixty-four percent of applications in regulated areas, while the HCA deferred twenty-three percent.
Thus, in a comparison of the UTRCA and the HCA it appears as though board composition plays an important role in policy implementation.
At the UTRCA, where board membership is fragmented, staff expressed confidence in their new regulatory authority and their expanded role as an advocate for natural hazard and natural heritage protection.
The hypothesis put forward at the outset was that the HCA would be less likely to defer subdivision applications in regulated areas than the UTRCA. For the entire 2001-2010 period, the UTRCA deferred fifty-eight percent of all subdivision applications in regulated areas and the HCA deferred forty-one percent.
(2) On two applications, one from 2009 and another from 2010, the UTRCA issued a recommendation of "deferral or refusal." This was an intentional strategy on the part of staff to ensure that their objections were clear where it appeared the applicant would appeal to the OMB.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- UTRA Absolute Radio Frequency Channel Number
- UTRAN Registration Area
- Utran Registration Area Paging Channel
- Utransit United Internet Exchange
- Utrecht (city)
- Utrecht (city)
- Utrecht Burnout Scale
- Utrecht Center for Infection Dynamics
- Utrecht Centre for Environment and Landscape Dynamics
- Utrecht Centre for Medieval Studies
- Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Utrecht Institute of Linguistics
- Utrecht International Comedy Festival
- Utrecht method omentofixation
- Utrecht Micro-Engineering Competence Centre
- Utrecht Platform for Game Education and Research
- Utrecht School of Economics
- Utrecht School of Governance
- Utrecht Solar Energy Laboratory
- Utrecht Study of Adolescent Development
- Utrecht Summer School in Theoretical Physics
- Utrecht University Attribute Grammar
- Utrecht University Clinic for Companion Animals
- Utrecht Work Engagement Scale
- Utrecht, Peace of
- Utrecht, State University of
- Utrecht, Treaty of
- Utrecht, Union of
- Utrechts Medisch Sigaren Genootschap
- Utrechts Nieuwsblad/Haagsche Courant
- Utrechtsch Studenten Corps
- Utrechtsche Studenten Alpenclub