XEPSExtruded Polystyrene (also seen as XPS)
Copyright 1988-2018 AcronymFinder.com, All rights reserved.
References in periodicals archive ?
and Canada reports on the use of extruded polystyrene (XEPS) foam sheathing and polyisocyanurate foam (PIR) as exterior insulation and finds that the highly efficient insulation system saves Canadians approximately $728 million every year in energy costs and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 3 million tonnes per year - the equivalent of burning 300 million gallons of gasoline.
Industry experts estimate that 60 per cent of rigid foam sheathing used today is extruded expanded polystyrene foam (XEPS) and the other 40 per cent is polyisocyanurate foam (PIR).
Average R/m K-[m.sup.2]/kW Entry Sample ([+ or -]35.2) 1 Starch foam sheet (1.17" thick) 634.0 2 Starch foam sheet (2.08" thick) 616.4 3 Starch foam sheet (3.41" thick) 669.2 4 Polystyrene bead board 634.0 5 Polystyrene composite board 581.1 6 Expanded polystyrene (EPS) 686.8 7 Extruded polystyrene (XEPS) 880.5 8 Sprayed polyurethane foam 1215.1 9 Polyethylene (73[degrees]F) 352.2 10 Polyethylene (23[degrees]F) 422.6 TABLE 2.