References in periodicals archive ?
35) Pitter writes: "I had now known Lewis for seven years (I had asked "if I might now have Rachel," alluding to Jacob's seven-year service), and thought perhaps he would not mind if we now used Xtian names.
Duties as the meanest, & are especially wanting, in my Parish I mean, in the duties of the Sacrament, nor will be made conformable to the Liturgy of the Chh, so as to bear a part in its service either by proper gestures or responses, & those who bear the denomination of Xtians, are 10 times worse than infidels.
Christians EML/2/l/c: m LEB/5/290 title: LEB/5/290: t Come All You Worth Xtians.
Perhaps surprisingly to himself, in reading the Torah and Prophets for the first time in his adulthood Pound seems to have found much to admire: "there is no need for Xtians to pretend," Pound notes, "that I they wrote Leviticus I chapter XIX in particular," (27) with its (for him) wholly salutary social and moral directives: "the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Xtended Design Architecture
- Xtender Case Mod
- Xtensa Local Memory Interface
- Xtensa Processor Extension Synthesis
- Xtensible Shopping Bag
- Xtensible Web Manager
- Xterminators of Darkness
- Xternal Portable Office
- Xterra Owners Club
- Xtivity Inventory Optimizer
- XTP Forum