References in classic literature ?
Now 'neath his dam the fawn may see, The lean Pack-wolf as cowed as he, And the tall buck, unflinching, note The fangs that tore his father's throat.
Then some of us said this and some of us said that, but he saw the dead buck among the flowers, and asked who had killed, and we of the Jungle would not tell because the smell of the blood made us foolish.
Tha said, 'Thou hast killed the buck, and thou hast let Death loose in the Jungle, and with Death has come Fear, so that the people of the Jungle are afraid one of the other, as thou art afraid of the Hairless One.
a great buck lying on its back and kicking furiously in its death agony.
Ye see that buck," I said, pointing the animal out to the party before me.
And this was the manner of dog Buck was in the fall of 1897, when the Klondike strike dragged men from all the world into the frozen North.
No one saw him and Buck go off through the orchard on what Buck imagined was merely a stroll.
Why, Buck, they might have scalped us all, you've been so slow in coming.
Never mind, Buck, my boy," says the old man, "you'll have show enough, all in good time, don't you fret about that.
At the same instant that she heard this unexpected report, the buck sprang from the snow to a great height in the air, and directly a second discharge, similar in sound to the first, followed, when the animal came to the earth, failing head long and rolling over on the crust with its own velocity.
Did ye think to stop a full-grown buck, with Hector and the slut open upon him within sound, with that pop-gun in your hand
Supper being over, the redoubtable Shee-wee-she-ouaiter, for such was the simple name by which he announced himself, declared his intention of keeping company with the party for a day or two, if they had no objection; and by way of backing his self-invitation, presented the carcass of the buck as an earnest of his hunting abilities.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Buckner Beal Hall
- Buckner Funken Jazz
- Buckner Orphan Care International
- Buckner, Emory
- Buckner, Simon Bolivar
- Buckner, Simon Bolivar, Jr.
- Bucks County
- Bucks County Association for the Education of Young Children
- Bucks County Association of Township Officials
- Bucks County Audubon Society
- Bucks County Choral Society
- Bucks County Community College
- Bucks County Community College Federation of Teachers
- Bucks County Conference and Visitors Bureau
- Bucks County Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- Bucks County Country Day School
- Bucks County Courier Times
- Bucks County Disc Golf Alliance
- Bucks County Economic Development Corporation
- Bucks County Emergency Health Council
- Bucks County Folk Song Society
- Bucks County Foodshed Alliance
- Bucks County Health Improvement Partnership
- Bucks County Horse Park
- Bucks County Housing Authority
- Bucks County Housing Development Corporation
- Bucks County Housing Group
- Bucks County Industrial Development Corporation
- Bucks County International Trade Council
- Bucks County Library Network
- Bucks County Linux Users Group
- Bucks County Motorcycle Association
- Bucks County Music Educators Association
- Bucks County Office of Employment and Training
- Bucks County Parks and Recreation
- Bucks County Performing Arts Center