References in classic literature ?
On the march, or during halts, Dian refused consistently to notice me--when her eyes wandered in my direction she looked either over my head or directly through me.
At the next halt Hooja the Sly One managed to find enough slack chain to permit him to worm himself back quite close to Dian.
Kennedy motioned to his companion to be silent and to halt.
Accordingly, as the sun went down, the little party came to a halt, made a large fire, spitted their buffalo meat on wooden sticks, and, when sufficiently roasted, planted the savory viands before them; cutting off huge slices with their hunting knives, and supping with a hunter's appetite.
Some parts were more, and others were less easy, but we were not once brought to a halt by any serious impediment, for when an obstruction was met in front it could always be turned to the right or to the left.
It therefore, in the first place, cheered Van Systens and his nosegay, then the corporation, then followed a cheer for the people; and, at last, and for once with great justice, there was one for the excellent music with which the gentlemen of the town councils generously treated the assemblage at every halt.
He will be forced to halt for fuel and for food, and the launch must follow the windings of the river; we can take short cuts while they are traversing the detour.
After this we travelled on without any further misadventure till about one o'clock, when we called a halt, and having drunk a little water, not much, for water was precious, and rested for half an hour, we started again.
The whole band advanced in a body towards the thicket, until they came to a halt, within a few yards of the precise spot, where Esther had stimulated her sluggish sons to break into the cover.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Halton Hills
- Halton Hills Community Support and Information
- Halton Hills Generating Station
- Halton Hills Girls Softball Association
- Halton Hills Power Partners
- Halton Hills Public Library
- Halton Housing Trust
- Halton Industry Education Council
- Halton Mens Hockey League
- Halton Natural Areas Inventory
- Halton Non-Profit Housing Corporation
- Halton North Peel Naturalist Club
- Halton Oral Health Outreach
- Halton Partners for Clean Air
- Halton Peel District Health Council
- Halton Peel Palliative Care Initiatives
- Halton People Into Jobs
- Halton Regional Police Association
- Halton Regional Police Service
- Halton Secondary School Athletic Association
- Halton Student Transportation Services
- Halton Urban Structure Plan
- Halton Village Lawn Tennis Club
- Halton Voluntary Action
- Halton with Aughton Parish Council
- Halton Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Halton-Peel Communications Association
- Halton-Peel Dental Association
- Halton-Peel Woodlands and Wildlife Stewardship
- HALTS FEAR
- halts her dead in her tracks
- halts her in her tracks
- halts him dead in his tracks
- halts him in his tracks
- halts it dead in its tracks
- halts it in its tracks
- halts me dead in my tracks
- halts me in my tracks
- halts someone dead in their tracks
- halts someone dead in tracks
- halts someone in their tracks
- halts someone in tracks
- halts something dead in its tracks
- halts something dead in tracks
- halts something in its tracks
- halts something in tracks
- halts them dead in their tracks
- halts them in their tracks
- halts us dead in our tracks
- halts us in our tracks
- halts you dead in your tracks
- halts you in your tracks
- Halu Mesru Savunma Kuvveti