References in classic literature ?
Proceeding into the Castle again, we found the Aged heating the poker, with expectant eyes, as a preliminary to the performance of this great nightly ceremony.
Scotland, however, had been of late used so exclusively as the scene of what is called Historical Romance, that the preliminary letter of Mr Laurence Templeton became in some measure necessary.
It was preliminary only, the best that could be made at that time.
Would not the prospect of a total indemnity for all the preliminary steps be a greater temptation to undertake and persevere in an enterprise against the public liberty, than the mere prospect of an exemption from death and confiscation, if the final execution of the design, upon an actual appeal to arms, should miscarry?
As a preliminary step, I was released from my promise to her.
Less so, and probably far more extensive, were the operations of those mediaeval practitioners who made dwarfs and beggar-cripples, show-monsters,--some vestiges of whose art still remain in the preliminary manipulation of the young mountebank or contortionist.
But his majesty's decision is always necessary; and I inform you with regret that no one becomes a Musketeer without the preliminary ordeal of several campaigns, certain brilliant actions, or a service of two years in some other regiment less favored than ours.
When the preliminary prayer and hymn were over, the minister arose, and having turned the hour-glass which stood by the great Bible, commenced his discourse.
Judge Temple has set his heart on putting the deer law in force,” said Hiram, after the preliminary civilities were over, “and a complaint has been laid before him that a deer has been killed.
It seemed to me that there could be no well-grounded knowledge without this preliminary operation of placing myself in relations, as slightly as possible modified by elements proceeding from a different combination of causes, with the spontaneous home- life of the country.
She braced herself up, however, and managed to get through the interview in its preliminary stages without any perceptible change in her normal appearance and bearing.
The milking progressed, till towards the end Tess and Clare, in common with the rest, could hear the heavy breakfast table dragged out from the wall in the kitchen by Mrs Crick, this being the invariable preliminary to each meal; the same horrible scrape accompanying its return journey when the table had been cleared.
Acronyms browser ?
- PREP FA MVMT REQ
Full browser ?
- prelens tear film
- Preleptotene-Late-Spermatogonial Cells
- Preliminarily Defined Number
- Preliminary & General
- Preliminary Acceptance Certificate
- Preliminary Acceptance Test
- Preliminary Acceptance Trial
- Preliminary Action Level
- Preliminary Aircraft Design Technology
- Preliminary Airworthiness Design Review
- Preliminary Airworthiness Evaluation
- Preliminary Alcohol Screening
- Preliminary Alcohol Screening Device
- Preliminary Allocated Baseline Weight Estimate
- Preliminary Allocated Functional Baseline
- Preliminary Allowance Parts List
- Preliminary Alternative Review
- preliminary amplifier
- Preliminary Analysis and Design
- Preliminary Analysis of Revolutionary Space Exploration Concepts
- Preliminary Architectural Concept
- Preliminary Article List
- Preliminary as Built
- Preliminary Assessment
- Preliminary Assessment and Site Inspection
- Preliminary Assessment Information Rule
- Preliminary Assessment of Health Impacts
- Preliminary Assessment/Site Investigation
- Preliminary Authorization To Proceed
- Preliminary Baseline Risk Assessment
- Preliminary Benefit Analysis
- Preliminary Best Interest Finding
- Preliminary Bill of Materials