References in classic literature ?
But here it seemed to Levin that just as they were close upon the real point of the matter, they were again retreating, and he made up his mind to put a question to the professor.
But Sergey Ivanovitch, who had been talking with far less heat and one-sidedness than the professor, and who had sufficient breadth of mind to answer the professor, and at the same time to comprehend the simple and natural point of view from which the question was put, smiled and said:
Gradgrind, 'it is difficult to answer your question - '
question, "What is the exact distance which separates the earth from its satellite?
It is but a superficial mode of examining into this question to begin with the place and the people; for it may happen that these may be divided from that, or that some one of them may live in one place, and some in another (but this question may be regarded as no very knotty one; for, as a city may acquire that appellation on many accounts, it may be solved many ways); and in like manner, when men inhabit one common place, when shall we say that they inhabit the same city, or that the city is the same?
Now, I have asked you a question, my friend," said Mr.
The question is a perfectly natural one in your position," she said.
On my arrival at New York the question was at its height.
I shall return to the question of appropriateness later; for the present it is accuracy that I wish to consider.
Graham's" remarkable question, addressed to the landlady, had related to legal business, and to the discovery of a trust-worthy person capable of transacting it for her.
Then, after a moment's pause, during which he studied closely his companion's imperturbable face, he added the question which forced its way to his lips.
It was only a question of hurrying again, for a few preparations, to the house which the attendance at church of so many of the servants would practically have left unoccupied.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Queste du Graal
- quested for
- Questeq Technology Planning
- Quester Tangent Corporation
- Questerre Energy Corp.
- Questing Beast
- questing for
- Question & Answer
- question (one) about (something)
- Question - Answer - Conclusion
- question about
- Question about financing/ownership of car
- Question about paying bank
- Question and Answer
- Question and Answer
- Question and Answer Format
- Question and Answer Library
- Question and Answer Markup Language
- Question and Answer Services
- Question and Response
- Question and Test Interchange
- Question and Test Interoperability
- Question Answer Detail
- Question Answer Relationship
- Question Answered Post Closed
- Question Answered, Thread Closed
- Question Answering Answer Model
- question at issue
- Question Bank
- Question Behind the Question
- Question Book Goes Interactive
- Question Builder
- Question Concerning Representation
- Question Does Not Apply
- Question Everything Done
- Question Everything, Challenge Everything
- Question extraordinaire