References in classic literature ?
He looked with disdain at the endless confused mass of detachments, carts, guns, artillery, and again baggage wagons and vehicles of all kinds overtaking one another and blocking the muddy road, three and sometimes four abreast.
Fentolin was still leaning forward in his strange little vehicle.
They had only to turn a tap, and for six hours the gas would light and warm this comfortable vehicle.
Mudge, who was at the rudder, kept in a straight line, and by a turn of his hand checked the lurches which the vehicle had a tendency to make.
But before she had quite reached it another vehicle shot out from a clump of trees on the summit, came round the bend of the road there, passed the luggage-cart, and halted beside Tess, who looked up as if in great surprise.
The coach, now having received its company, began to move forwards, attended by many servants, and led by two captains, who had before rode with his lordship, and who would have been dismissed from the vehicle upon a much less worthy occasion than was this of accommodating two ladies.
The vehicle was not exactly a gig, neither was it a stanhope.
Right across the pavement she thrust him, and, pushing him up against the wheel, she banged his head three several times against the side of his own vehicle.
Just before she reached the vehicle, Carl leaped in beside his confederate, slamming the door behind him.
If I add that Penelope ended her part of the morning's work by being sick in the back-kitchen, it is in no unfriendly spirit towards the vehicle.
His eyes were fixed on the young man in terror, and he immediately descended from the vehicle in an inexpressible state of agitation.
I took these vehicles and soon emptied them all; twenty of them were filled with meat, and ten with liquor; each of the former afforded me two or three good mouthfuls; and I emptied the liquor of ten vessels, which was contained in earthen vials, into one vehicle, drinking it off at a draught; and so I did with the rest.
Acronyms browser ?
Full browser ?
- Vegus nerve
- Vegus nerve
- Vehbi Sunbulzade
- Vehbi Sünbülzade
- vehement condemnation
- vehement desire
- vehement speech
- Vehicle & Operator Services Agency
- Vehicle Acceptance Body
- Vehicle Accident Prevention Center
- Vehicle Accounting and Reporting System
- Vehicle Administrative Liaison
- Vehicle Administrative Services
- Vehicle Air Conditioning
- Vehicle Alarm System
- Vehicle Allocation Matrix
- Vehicle Analysis
- Vehicle Analysis and Integration Team
- Vehicle Ancillary Loads Reduction
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System
- Vehicle and Dismount Exploitation Radar
- Vehicle and Engine Management Display
- Vehicle and Engine Monitoring Display
- Vehicle and Engine Multifunction Display
- Vehicle and Equipment Management Support Office
- Vehicle and Operator Services Agency
- Vehicle and Traffic Law
- Vehicle Anomaly Report
- Vehicle Anti-Theft
- Vehicle Anti-Theft System
- Vehicle Area Network
- Vehicle armour
- Vehicle armour
- Vehicle Arresting Barrier
- Vehicle Assembler/Loader
- Vehicle Assemblers of New Zealand
- Vehicle Assembly Building